Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I failed to respond on freerides rant about his Bronco and the constant problems. Alot of people ranted and raged about the kids problems and still some gave some good advice, but all of you failed to give the most important advice to keeping an older vehicle running. I have owned a; '63 Scout, '67 Scout, '67 Bug, '73 Bug, '67 Mustang, '78 F-100, '78 Luv, and a plethora of other vehicles. While proper maintanance is important, changing fluids, keeping up on the brakes, tire wear etc. Everyone failed to mention the most important aspect to owning an older vehicle. With any vehicle older than ten years, it is imperative that you TALK TO THE VEHICLE! You have to treat her like the girl that you were head over heels for in high school. Speak nicely, rub her dash as you whisper sweet nothings. One of my favorite driving the bronco quotes is, "Come on baby please, just get me there this one time, I promise we are getting you a new engine so we can go play in the mud again someday, please baby, just this one intersection, let me get through here and we are good, come on almost home...come on sweetness. almost there" etc etc...hopefully you get the point. Never never for any reason cuss or bitch at the vehicle until all hope is lost. I threw a plethora of profanity at the Bronco when I lost the rear wheel. There was no way we were getting home on our own that day. But make sure you never bad mouth her until all hope is lost. I hope this helps some of you and if you don't believe that it works...just try it once!:thumbup

·
Still Learnin!
504 Posts
:lolup :lolup :lolup .:stupid The sad part is I have talked to all of my vehicels, including the rigs I used to drive (they sometimes need extra sweet talk) Guess it's a size complex.

·
Registered
489 Posts
HA! and I thought I was the only nutbar on the road ... I've talked to my Bronco on many occasions, she's my gurl :D I've collected enough parts for her so she'll never have to leave me.
I tried talking to my car once but it just farted some Japanese at me (secretly I think it's jealous of the Bronco, must be a size thing :shrug )

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
My Bronco may not talk back, but it does respond. I was talking to her while wheelin cause she was doing a good job. But what Mike failed to mention was the overzealous, over-confident talking to/about your truck. When I was hunting last december with a friend and cousin, I patted the dash and told them how great it is to have a reliable vehicle that I can take hunting and not worry about. The very next morning (not 8 hours later) on the way to the morning hunt, the crank broke. So love your Bronco, but just don't "LOVE " your Bronco.

MM

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one that talks to his rig..My old lady thinks I'm nuts..

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
jermil01 said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that talks to his rig..My old lady thinks I'm nuts..

:thumbupMy old lady thinks your nuts too!

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Talking to your truck is not weird........now if I see any of you freaks standing against you your truck with the fuel door open, and pumoing something other than gas, that would be a problem.

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
:lolup :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica

Originally posted by jermil01
That's what mine thinks cause I talk about broncos or anything to do with offroding..... And my new little bronco offroading buddy will be here in about 5 weeks..... :D :D Then she'll have to deal with 2 bronco freaks.....:histerica :histerica

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
SMOOTH said:
:thumbupMy old lady thinks your nuts too!
But bro, I don't even know your old lady.....wait, oh I get it now.. :toothless :toothless

1 - 20 of 57 Posts