Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Seems the majority of the articles are somewhat old concerning motor mounts. I need to purchase some rubber mounts for my 351W and like some recommendations. I've read some articles concerning using poly on a DD so I might stay away from those.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
14,885 Posts
what are the concerns about poly? Vibration? I've got them in my rig, ordered from Bronco Graveyard.. They weren't inexpensive, but they'll probably outlast my Bronco..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what are the concerns about poly? Vibration? I've got them in my rig, ordered from Bronco Graveyard.. They weren't inexpensive, but they'll probably outlast my Bronco..
I've heard that the ride is a bit worse. You feel just about everything you go over and if you have anything that tends to rattle, it makes it 10 times worse.

·
Super Moderator
14,885 Posts
coming from having both I can tell you I haven't noticed a single difference other than the fact that my engine doesn't torque to the side when I rev it..Anything you feel going over is being transmitted through steering components and the suspension not motor mounts..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
coming from having both I can't tell you I haven't noticed a single difference other than the fact that my engine doesn't torque to the side when I rev it..Anything you feel going over is being transmitted through steering components and the suspension not motor mounts..
That is good to know. I am not 100% opposed to them if there are owners who have good experience with them. (y)

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
This is my write up for my motor mounts. They still seen to be holding up fine. I don't have any experience with the mounts from bronco graveyard, but I've had performance motor mounts in another vehicle. Nvh is no a big deal. Especially if those nvh come with increased performance.

·
--------------
'96 XL EEC-V 347 E40D 1356 411 6" lift 35x12.50x15
4,386 Posts
Right there with @jermil01 on the Poly "Extreme Duty" motor mounts from JBG.

Can't go wrong with those,
Unless you want to worry about busting up the stockers & ruining other stuff "On Trail".

My .02

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
Just looked at the jbg mounts. Yea, that's like a $100 difference between stick replacements from rock auto.

Depending on your setup and usage, you might not ever see benefit. But that's up to the OP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts