Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should i pay the 30ish dollars and get the standard motor mounts? Or should i pay the 100 bucks for the superduty ones? I'll have a 393 stroker with a sd friendly cam. So nothing to extreme.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it does:beer

·
Registered
980 Posts
I got the beefed up ones when I did my motor swap. They are alot nicer than the stockers I was looking at. Why spend a good amount of $$ on a motor, then go cheap on a part that holds that motor to the frame?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats a pretty good point. I'll probably end up going with that.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
You can buy regular motor mounts every year or really good ones every 10 or so. That is how my mustang acts. I paid about half as much for stock ones twice before finally stepping up to some polies, and couldn't be happier. Go for the beef, especially with the 393....

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'd save money. Buy the cheap ones and 8' of aircraft cable and clamps and cable that sucker in place. Then you'll have $50 left for beer.

Justin

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Go with the beef and be done with it for a while. Especialy with a 393...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Personally I like the AutoFab versions. They cost more, but they are built for real offroad use. From what I remember all the border patrol Bronco's have them.

Here are some pics. I have a set for sale if you're interested in them. They retail for $240, I'm selling them for $180 brand new. I bought 2 sets by accident over the years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts