Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. What did you put in? (include manufactuer)
2. What vehicle?
3. Est. Cost?
4. How long have you had it?
5. Any Problems?
6. Any recommendations?
7. Satisfaction 1-10 (10 highest)
8. Anything else?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ease Searching, answer questions, research, for the sake of silly

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sometimes forget that some people need special help.

Motor Survey
If this is too complicated for you, I am sorry I can’t help you. A variety of answers is what I am looking for but feel free to share your input even if someone’s post is similar to yours.

1. Have you ever put a motor (crate or rebuilt) into any street legal four wheeled vehicle? If yes please tell us who you bought it from and a little about it. (i.e. roller 302 from A-Guarantee Motors, Houston)

2. What was the vehicle? (i.e. 1986 Ford F150 2wd)

3. How much money was spent on the entire motor swap? (Please include any fee incurred while making the swap. For instance motor mounts)

4. How much time and mileage has passed since the swap was done? (i.e. 40k miles and or 5 years ago)

5. Were there any complications during or after the swap? (i.e. I lost power and gas mileage or I had to get a new EEC)

6. Do you have any recommendations for someone about to do the same? (i.e. Yes don’t buy a O’Reilly’s crate motor or I wish I had bought a beefier cam)

7. How satisfied are you with the results of the swap 1 – 10? (i.e. 1 I am not very satisfied because I’m broke and now I live in a Bronco down by the river or 8 it runs great but I should’ve spent the money elsewhere)

8. Is there any advice you would like to share about purchasing or rebuilding an engine? (i.e. Yes, make sure you schedule extra time because you will need it)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is an attempt to squeeze hundreds (if not more) of post into one nice and easy to follow post.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It's basically calling for the collective experiences of all FSBers, when it comes to rebuilt engine swaps...

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Yeh, he already posted that. It's still an impossible attempt. There are going to be as many different answers, as there would be answers. Even if this was all brought together, people are still going to ask their questions, despite the question being answered 14 times

Still don't know you felt compelled to take this on yourself, but you get an "A" for effort, tho

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,923 Posts
I'm afraid I can't help. I don't have a motor in my truck, I do however have an engine. :toothless [For anyone who doesn't get that, motors are electric, engines are internal combustion..like it really matters, I'm just being a smart ass.]

Anyhow...yeah, I don't see how it's gonna help anybody putting this information in one post. I've got an engine in my Bronco that wasn't offered from the factory, but the way I did it, is quite a bit different than how someone else may choose to do it. :shrug

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
03 suzuki 2.0L
58 jeep
2G
1yr
wiring sucked
only own on earth like it
50 year newer jap engine in a jeep, kinda oddball. 4 squirrels of fury

·
3 wheeler
1,693 Posts
1. What did you put in? (include manufactuer) used JY 351M from an LTD
2. What vehicle? 1979 Bronco
3. Est. Cost? 300
4. How long have you had it? 1.5 yrs.
5. Any Problems? none that were serious
6. Any recommendations? i should have put all new gaskets on the motor and a new oil pump and a new water pump. cleaned it better and check the passenger side exhaust manifold better ( i thought they were the same but they weren't)
7. Satisfaction 1-10 (10 highest) can't really tell haven't driven it yet
8. Anything else? did it in one weekend. but if your replacing a motor. label everything, you'll remember what goes were tomorrow but when things happen and you don't get to it for a month. then you can't remember jack.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
1. What did you put in? (include manufactuer) Central Coast Mustangs GT-40P longblock 302
2. What vehicle? 81 Bronk
3. Est. Cost? 5400 for every single thing
4. How long have you had it? I painted it when the Pats won the Super Bowl in 02'.
5. Any Problems? 28oz to 50 oz balance, GT-40P header selection sucks and so do MAC's
6. Any recommendations? buy a 351W or bigger
7. Satisfaction 1-10 (10 highest) 7-8
8. Anything else? Not much low end but once your rolling it'll move. PLus its supposed to run high 11's in a Fox.

Its not like people search anyway:toothless especially in this forum.

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,563 Posts
Andy351 said:
for all you people that don't think this thread is necessary why do you post in it then? :rolleyes:
i agree, its simple to answer the question or not post :shrug

1 - 20 of 36 Posts