Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I'll put this out there my Ford Bronco well has a shit motor. So I did what I could do and found a F150 that had the same motor in it for cheap and low miles. Now here's my 1mil question I have that no one has seems to speak of. I have the rare 5 speed transmission in my bronco that I will not part with seeing exactly how rare it is for my year bronco. The F150 has a automatic transmission. Being I'm just using the core motor so I dont have to go about dumping more then I have right now on a new motor with the f150 motor bolt right up to the manual transmission or am I looking at a lot of problems? Please someone help me answer this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just curious if there were any possible complications being the transmissions were different but that may only be on newer vehicles. But thank you sir

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Just curious if there were any possible complications being the transmissions were different but that may only be on newer vehicles. But thank you sir
No problems what so ever because you already have the ECU for the engine with manual transmission... now if you were to use the auto, then you would need to snag the ECU, and harnesses.

I’m going through the same thing right now, but going with a newer motor into an older Bronco (1993 Engine into a 1989 Bronco) I have to swap upper intakes and exhaust manifolds to make the swap possible, but other than that, I retain my stock ECU, and my 5 speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.