Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • Glad to be added to the group. I bought a 95 bronco 351 Windsor. I am no mechanic but have been enjoying learning how to do several things. Question My bronco died on me driving down the road. Has spark and gas at rail. Not computer or coil. What do I need to be looking at?? Also where is a good place to get decorative part ie door panels, panels for rear compartment? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like we are having the same problem. I’m trying to figure out what’s wrong with mine as well same symptoms. I’ll keep ya updated 👍🏼

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,987 Posts
If you have spark and fuel at the rail, I'd test the fuel pressure next. Just because gas comes out at the rail, doesn't mean there's enough pressure. Must use a pressure tester for this.

Key on engine off must be 38-42 psi
Key on engine running should be 32 psi and it should rise when engine rev'd.

Of course if it won't start, you'll be looking at key on engine off.

If fuel pressure tests ok, start looking at spark. At what point did you get spark from? Just after coil or at end of spark plug wires? If just after coil, that doesn't mean it's getting to the spark plugs. If spark after coil, but not at end of spark plug wires, must be somewhere inbetween. Check to see the rotor hasn't failed. Check to make sure the rotor is the proper rotor (yes I recently seen a 4 & 6 cylinder rotor someone installed in a distributor).

That should be the start of your checklist.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If it died while driving that's usually an indicator of a fuel pump gone bad. You should be able to find plenty of threads on here about replacing it. If I recall the 95 has a low pressure pump inside the tank and a high pressure mounted to the frame. My guess would be the high pressure has quite, but that's just a guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have spark and fuel at the rail, I'd test the fuel pressure next. Just because gas comes out at the rail, doesn't mean there's enough pressure. Must use a pressure tester for this.

Key on engine off must be 38-42 psi
Key on engine running should be 32 psi and it should rise when engine rev'd.

Of course if it won't start, you'll be looking at key on engine off.

If fuel pressure tests ok, start looking at spark. At what point did you get spark from? Just after coil or at end of spark plug wires? If just after coil, that doesn't mean it's getting to the spark plugs. If spark after coil, but not at end of spark plug wires, must be somewhere inbetween. Check to see the rotor hasn't failed. Check to make sure the rotor is the proper rotor (yes I recently seen a 4 & 6 cylinder rotor someone installed in a distributor).

That should be the start of your checklist.

it was 20 psi but i never tried spinning the motor with the gauge on also would not start with either sprayed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts