Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i proudly wanna display my bars and stars outa the back my truck, however i cant find any type of kind of mount setup to put in the bed of my truck....i know i cant be the only southern boy in this forum who's proud of their background. so, does anyone have any ideas on how to make a mount or where i can buy one to make work for the soul purpose of riding around with the top off and my proud hertiage flying? please any ideas or thoughts would br greatly appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Between mount for a flag pole and what tranny can i use? I spit my beer allover(think about it son its funny)sorry mods....Use the outside spare tire carrier if you have that option as I dont..

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
I think an iron 4" round threadded plate mounted to the bed and 1" diam. threadded pipe would basically do the trick, but you are going to have to run 4 braces to keep the pole with the weight of the flag from moving around especially if you are going to go offroading while displaying your pride. There is a post about the proper way ot treat the American flag {flag dimentions versus flag pole height} I assume that the same rules apply to the Rebel flag... if you get this ratio wrong it might look dumb, we wouldn't want that-

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
CB antennas arent known fer their strength, They flex just with the wind hitting them.... imagine with the weight of a really neat flag !

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
Thats right , I have a Firestik antenna and that thing is bullet proof- But then there is the flag/respect thing... He better go to Tractor Supply.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have never flown a flag from the back of mine but I had a friend who drilled holes in his rear bumper and mounted some "U" bolts that he used to clamp down on the flag pole.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have a hole drilled in the "step" of my rear bumper also.
The flagpole has threads on the bottom and a simple nut and washer holds it all in place.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
If FSB was around in the 80's I would tell you to search one of the old threads. I didn't realize people still did that outside of 4x4 Jamborees. :goodfinge

·
Registered
143 Posts
i have my highlift mounted to my tire carrier ,and use a piece of 1/2" emt from lowes mounted to my highlift with 2 holes drilled in position where the holes lin up to the high lift and mount with wingnutts and lock washers works great- good luck

·
Registered
122 Posts
Does anyone think putting the flag pole behind the tire carrier and just zip tie it like crazy would work?

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
I'm actually going to be making a tow/hitch flag pole.. I bought a 4x6 flag to fly around.. =)

·
Registered
142 Posts
iv been trying to do this also, i was thinking using my spare tire carrier but i carry a fullsize spare so i have no room. but also thought of useing the thread hole for the hitch ball on the bumper. not to shure how to do it yet but anyone who has done it should post pics and also FSB need to create a flag we can fly

·
Registered
230 Posts
I drilled a hole in the corner of my driver side rear bumper. Got a piece of 5/8 threaded rod, a 3x5 flag,8 5/8 nuts, 3 5/8 washers and a 5/8 fender washer and waalaa. It flies perfectly with the top on or off.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
I have a bumper mount for a flag pole like they use on quads. Though I doubt it'll hold my American flag going down the road...

·
Registered
845 Posts
Does anyone think putting the flag pole behind the tire carrier and just zip tie it like crazy would work?
hahaha. :rockon

since i have a hitch receiver i put one side of the pole through the hole in the bumper for the hitch/ball and then i use hose clamps to hole it to the spare tire disconnect. also mines made out of 1/2" electrical conduit from depot. lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I took the ball off of a hitch receiver and bought a about 6" piece of threaded pipe and a cap drilled a hole in the cap bolted the cap down and screwed the pipe on then used PVC pipe and drilled holes in it to zip tie the flag on and drilled a hole through both the metal pipe and PVC pipe and put a pin in to keep it in

·
People keep buying my
8,010 Posts
6-18-2010
I took the ball off of a hitch receiver and bought a about 6" piece of threaded pipe and a cap drilled a hole in the cap bolted the cap down and screwed the pipe on then used PVC pipe and drilled holes in it to zip tie the flag on and drilled a hole through both the metal pipe and PVC pipe and put a pin in to keep it in
um.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts