Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the middle of the hood on the edge near the cowl there is apparently supposed to be a rubber support thingy. High on the fire wall there is a mount thingy that this closes onto.

I'm assuming it helps keep the cowl edge of the hood aligned with the cowl properly.

I'm missing the hood side piece. I'm not seeing it listed on LMC.

Since my hood needs aligned and I think this piece helps what is it and where can I get it?

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
probably a junk yard or parts truck
my new 78 was missing too, think someone changed the hood

there is a 78 in a yrd near me
let meknow if you cant find one
the one nr me aint going anywhere anytime soon

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably a junk yard or parts truck
my new 78 was missing too, think someone changed the hood

there is a 78 in a yrd near me
let meknow if you cant find one
the one nr me aint going anywhere anytime soon
Well, IF I can find a 70's truck in the yard. I've scoured all the local yards looking for other parts, but trucks come and go so maybe something has come in lately.

·
Registered
87 Posts
On my broncos the 78 does not have it but the 79 does. I thought maybe it was a crash saftey thing but maybe it is for hood alignment.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is a bronco thing it helps stabilize the hood it should not be used for alignment purposes

the F series did not get it
OK, it's not for alignment purposes. I'm learning!!

The PO had REALLY half-assed a LOT of things on my BKO. It looks like at one time it was disassembled for paint. When the bolts broke off in things like the door hinge plates and the hood hinge plates, instead of fixing them properly, they just MOVED the hinges a bit and ran bolts through the body.

Needless to say, none of the panels lined up for shit.

I've redone the doors properly and my next chore is the hood. Once I get the hinges bolted on in the proper spot, I'll know exactly what needs moved and where.

Right now the rear edge of the hood sits below the cowl.

Questions regarding this hood stablizer:

1.) Why does the bronco hood need a rear stabilizer and the F-series do not?

2.) The hood on my brothers F250 has the stablizer but there is no bracket on the firewall. That would point towards the hood being off of a Bronco, then, right?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I am not a engineer I can only guess to why the bronco was deemed to have it and not the f series my guess it helps out with the piercing brackets on the hinges when in a front end accident

your brothers hood cam off a bronco or somebody went through the trouble to install half of it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wevie, if you want one for your hood to make it complete, I have a couple of parts broncos, 3 to be exact and one I disassembled and still have parts from that i am sure has it on the hood, I will send you one, just let me know.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wevie, if you want one for your hood to make it complete, I have a couple of parts broncos, 3 to be exact and one I disassembled and still have parts from that i am sure has it on the hood, I will send you one, just let me know.
Thanks! I'm going to go shopping - walk through a couple j-yards - maybe Monday. I'll let you know if I still need one after that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,
I am in need of the hood stabilizer assembly for my bronco. Do you still have any available? Please let me know

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
23,936 Posts
Yo POPS
Hello,
I am in need of the hood stabilizer assembly for my bronco. Do you still have any available? Please let me know

Thanks in advance
Yo POPS,
holtz hasn't, logged in here since Sep 3, 2013
For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
https://www.hollanderparts.com
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped.
Do a search for 1978 >Ford > Bronco > Front Body > Hood > 00997 Get Parts
My internet is slow so i can't see if there any pics of the stabilizers. Suggest calling a yard tgat is in your location.

or
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Can select certain parts
Can search by year range, such as 92 through 96 & has best item condition descriptions such as "COVER BAD LEATHER PWR BKT GRY"
Has Vehicle Pics for some vehicles incl. interior/dash, back seat, front & rear and engine bay
¤

Bronco Used Part Search @ Ford Bronco Parts | Used Auto Parts with source, cost, yard and phone #

¤
Concord Spare Parts @ Spare parts for your cars, trucks and special vehicles
732-374-3872
[email protected]

¤
http://www.picknpull.com
This is a Company name w/yard locations in various states
Can NOT Select certain parts
Has Vehicle Pics for some vehicles
¤

Also, our rules require require 75 non-padded posts to buy or sell parts, due to spammers who preyed on our members.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts