Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8L
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! Just purchased my 'new' bronco last night. Going to use it as a project vehicle for my 10 year old and I to work on together. Due to my job we are moving around the globe quite a often, so we needed something to work on and distract us both from having to start fresh and new locations. Very excited to have found this forum and I am sure I will be reaching out when I get into some frustration during this endeavor! Wish us luck!

-Mikey

·
Super Moderator
24,692 Posts
Yo Mikey,
Welcome to FSB!
Your fine looking 95 will be a great father-son project. Did same with our sons on the 78.

Find out if speed control, if equipped recall work completed by dealership. Call local dealer or register and view status @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) ... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

Here is the 1995 Bronco Dealer Brochure

1995 Drivetrain, Powertrain Service Manual
1995 Bronco Drivetrain, Powertrain Service Manual - Google Drive

1995 Body, Chassis Service Manual
1995 Bronco Chassis, Service Manual - Google Drive
To switch between folder list & grid views, click the button to the right of the "DOWNLOAD ALL" button in the upper right corner of the window)by HawkDriver

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Signature with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar and then select “Account Settings” from the drop down menu.

From your “Account Settings” page you will then see more navigation option of the left side. Select “Signature”.

Now you can simply enter your signature information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum faqs @ FAQ
Includes for example, How to Use Search. See more tips!

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) @ Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)
... Includes such as, How do I fix my back window?
¤
Free registration for some wiring diagrams (86 through 96) and Technical Service Bulletins, (80 through 96) with Recalls, same as by Ford @ BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products | TSB's & Wiring Diagrams

See our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ F.O.T.M Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes. They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Al

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
836 Posts
Welcome. Is that northern Nevada desert in the background?

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,999 Posts
Welcome! We have another resident "globetrotter", @adrianspeeder

Nick, his user info says Dayton, NV

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
836 Posts
Right on. I lived in Dayton for a few years. Currently in Fernley, about 30 miles away from you. Just let me know if you ever need a hand or want to go on a little wheeling trip

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right on. I lived in Dayton for a few years. Currently in Fernley, about 30 miles away from you. Just let me know if you ever need a hand or want to go on a little wheeling trip
I appreciate it. Currently troubleshooting an issue on the bronco. I get an intermittent check engine line and the temperature gauge isn’t working. I read a few other posts on this forum and I think I have it figured out....going to replace the sending unit and the sensor....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I replaced the coolant temp sensor and the sending unit...driving to work gauge still didn’t work and the check engine light came on. I am going to have the codes checked (as I don’t have a code reader). My gut says thermostat is stuck open....gauge says cold, check engine light and it’s not getting hot which leads me to think coolant is constantly flowing....the adventure continues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is your job? Do a thermostat, hoses, thermostat housing, radiator, and water pump all at once.

Adrianspeeder
Adrianspeeder,

sorry for the delayed response. But I replaced the thermostat and everything is working as advertised now. I also replaced the EGR valve and it is now running really well.
-Mikey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts