Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My title asks my question. I currently have my Hi-lift mounted with u bolts to the tire carrier. There has got to be a better way to mount it outside the rig. Any issues with putting it on the hood?

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
I suppose that depends on how much visibility you want to give up. I wouldn't do it if it were me.

You could mount a rack on the shell and put it there. :shrug

·
Registered
633 Posts
Mounting it on the hood does not sound like a good idea. Some have mounted them on the front bumper, while others have them mounted in inside.

·
RAAAAAH!
937 Posts
Are you set on mounting it to the outside?

There are guys on here that have made some slick inside mounts.

One I remember that sits sideways and bolts to the bottom back of the rear bench seat. It looked great.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Are you set on mounting it to the outside?

There are guys on here that have made some slick inside mounts.

One I remember that sits sideways and bolts to the bottom back of the rear bench seat. It looked great.
I would like to see that. Do you know where the thread is at?

·
RAAAAAH!
937 Posts

·
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!
6,250 Posts
The problem with the one at the bottom of the rear seat is if you are packed up with whatever, you will have to unload everything to get it. I have seen one guy here mount it under his hood above the engine.

·
Registered
731 Posts
The problem with the one at the bottom of the rear seat is if you are packed up with whatever, you will have to unload everything to get it. I have seen one guy here mount it under his hood above the engine.
True, but if it is mounted like that wouldn't it be up when the seat is folded forward?

Plus, I also have a Suburban, if I got plenty to load up and more than 1 passenger, so I wouldn't have that problem. If I pack the bronco for camping it would be just me and the wife.

That's why I thought it was a good option for me. My second option would be the interior along the side in back. I also thought about in front of the rear seats.

·
RAAAAAH!
937 Posts
My second option would be the interior along the side in back.
That's where I went with. Seemed like otherwise dead space especially after the roll cage.

·
Super Moderator
5,024 Posts

I've always been a big fan of mounting it right there. It fits perfectly and is never in the way of anything.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
To the OP, what is the issues you have with mounting off the tire rack? I have mine that way and no issues. Releated to wheel weights?

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
I've got a 48" on the hood of the 86-don't care about the sheet metal or paint. Doesn't seem to affect vision since you can't see over the hood anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To the OP, what is the issues you have with mounting off the tire rack? I have mine that way and no issues. Releated to wheel weights?
It sticks up waiting to catch on stuff. I want it tucked away. I'm seeing a lot of put it inside. But no issues with mounting it on the hood?

The question stands, what about mounting on the hood?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
the heep guys do it all the time, and i dont see why you couldn't(its your truck), just reinforce the underside of the hood with flat stock, and make some mounts up or buy these:

http://www.google.com/products/cata...a=X&ei=NauNTtG0HbKMsAL6qYzBAQ&ved=0CD8Q8gIwAQ

might make the hood heavy to, so it might need a support rod when you are doing work.

here some picture of a heep i found online(havent seen it done to a bronco/they dont make kits for the bronco like they do for the jeep)

and here would be your lost of sight

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool thanks guys. Still not exactly sure where I'm going to put it, but I've got some more options now.

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts