Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody have any good inexpensive idea for mounting some 5" off road lights on the front of my 90 xlt???? or anybody know of an inexpensive light bar for the front bumper??

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmmm.... it looked to me like they would aim down slightly.... mine are 5" round baja tough lights ( 100 watt).... any good pics??

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
guess I'll have to drill a few holes and see what happens.... yes they are adjustable

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
Check out Steve Dunham's Bronco here, he brought some right angle brackets thru the grille to the radiator support. Actually cooler in person than it sounds

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Who's the **** on the right? :goodfinge :toothless :goodfinge

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
broncogoat said:
what did he make the brackets out of??
I'm gonna guess steel :goodfinge

Damon, yes

·
Banned
470 Posts
My biggest fear ever was drilling holes in vehicles. If you drill through the bumper make sure you want to keep the lights on there permanently. Bumpers ain't cheap!

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
There's no real structural integrity to be had with a stock bumper... it's made from 1/8" stamped steel

BG - if you don't feel like drilling holes in your bumper, I can easily build a pre-runer-type light bar, that will bolt on, using your stock bolts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
the only thing in my bronco designed to save lives is the seat belt and its tall enough to roll over any car on the street. the rest will fold like a tin can im sure.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
oh and my brush gaurd its strong. its 1/4 inch thick steel side plates. the middle is some sort of high pressure gas pipe my dads work had laying around. Together it was over 70 pounds. i hit a tree and only scratched the paint on it.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
dave, you little bumper builder you. there you go Bronco goat. pic a design & dave can build it.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Keith_L said:
Check out Steve Dunham's Bronco here, he brought some right angle brackets thru the grille to the radiator support. Actually cooler in person than it sounds

Hmmm, I haven't seen or heard about Steve and his truck since we wheeled back in '99. Have you been wheelin' with him since then Keith?

Like his front bumper. And love the pic, nice scenery.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i'm gonna try and mount them up tomorrow... (if it isnt blizzard like conditions here)and do my 2 1/2" lift too

1 - 20 of 33 Posts