Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodyear Wrangler MTR 37x12.5x15 tires for $400?

Okay, I have been looking around on the web and came across 3 Goodyear Wrangler MTR 37x12.5x15 tires for $400. Are these tires pretty good on the road? I don't drive it everyday but would drive occasionally and also to wherever I play. Thanks.

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
im sure they will do just fine on the road. 3 brand new 37" MTRs for 400 is a good price.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I don't think they are brand new, they say in new condition. But I agree it sounds good I will just have to check into them. I just wasn't sure how they would be on the road. Thanks. Oh, do you think they would be okay for a ttb and 8.8 set of axles or should I just go with 35 which I have heard would be fine....Thanks.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
My experience says that daily driving on bias ply tires sucks. They catch every rut and hole in the road, get flat spots in the morning... 3 for 400 bucks? hmm...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is bias ply? Okay, I am guessing those are the cons to bias ply what are the pros? I am a complete newbie. Thanks

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
bias ply is the construciton of the tire. There are no steel cords in the tire, to help with any of the problem inherint with the bias ply tires. the tires on your Bronco now don't have flat spots in the morning, they ride ALOT smoother than bias plys, and they conform to the road much better than the bias tires do. IMO, those tires don't belong on a TTB front end - even with all new ball joints, tie rod ends, and dual steering stabilizers... that's just my opinion, not everyone will agree

The only pros I can think of, for bias ply tires is - they hold air

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, do they return to a round shape/lose the flat spot if they are driven regulary or will this happen if left say overnight? Does the bias ply make it more difficult to steer?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Yeah, the tires definitely lose the flat spots, but that's after some miles of driving, and after they've warmed up a bit. As I mentioned earlier, the bias ply tires have a tendency to follow every rut and hole in the road, making it a constant battle to keep the Bronco in your own lane

I still think 37s are too big for a TTB, but if you have to have them, then I'd hold out for radials - no matter what size you choose

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I don't have to have them. I was planning on getting 35 but I saw those and thought I would ask about it before I just blow them off. Thanks for info. Do you suggest any certain radial for what I have listed? Thanks again.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Broncomx said:
I thought the goodyear's were radials:shrug
they are

oh and 37s are too big for a ttb...just ask boulderbronco about all the shafts he breaks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts