Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd throw this up here for my Hampton Roads boys.

I'm still in Hawaii on this security contract, but it's almost over...finally! I've been out here for almost 4 months and while the money is excellent, and I love the idea of not having to do squat (aside from whatever I want) when I am home, this trip has finally driven home the fact that after 11 years in NSW I am tired of being away from my family.

We were planning to move back to Chattanooga (where I grew up) after the school year was up, but this decision has changed that. I had applied a few months ago for an instructor job down at Camp Lejeune, and finally heard back from the company that won the contract after we got back in port a few days ago. I am taking that job, and they need me down there December 9th to start training (I have to go through the course I will be teaching as a student as part of their vetting process). Taking a slight pay cut from my Navy pay, but the pension more than makes up for that. Best part is there will be minimal travel, so I will be home just about every night as long as we are down there.

Sooo, that also cancels our plans for the wife's birthday (we were heading to Charleston for a long weekend) and Thanksgiving (Chattanooga).

We're going to be crammed with prepping for the move, but I'd like to get together with the guys one last time somewhere in there. I had mentioned before I left about doing a BBQ at the house, so maybe we can work that in - as long as y'all don't mind coming to South Norfolk, HA!

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
Sorry to see ya moving away but I understand, family first always. It wouldn't bother me one bit to come out to S. Norfolk for a get together. When you get a chance throw out some dates that work for you. I'm sure we all could help ya move also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts