Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving to Utah from NJ and have a question about inspection as well I would like to see who else is near Draper. and my question is if anyone knows if they are real strict about fender flares and mud flaps on lifted trucks? if anyone knows it would be great if not I guess I will find out when I take it for inspection. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
the laws on lifting are pretty strict in utah in the book but if you go to moab u'd never know, but I have heard of guys getting a rough time coming back from moab

·
Registered
214 Posts
It depends on the inspector and the dickhead cop that gets ya. The law is you have to have fender flares that covers the width of the tire, mudflaps that cover the top half of the tire. Also, you cant have anymore than 24" from the ground to the bottom of the frameunderneath the drivers seat.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
From what I've seen during my short time in UT, lifted "new" trucks don't get the attention lifted "old" trucks seem to get. There are a number of F350/HD Chevy/Dodge types running around lifted, but the three trucks I've heard stopped for a "lift check" were older and driven by young folks.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
What Justin said is exactly right. However, you can put temporary mud flaps on, or smaller tires to pass safety. Another thing you can do if you have any family in Wyoming is register it there and you never have to worry about safety or IM, that is what I did when i had a bronco.

I am in Draper, Utah. It is great here. When you get in and comfortable give me a PM and maybe we can meet up for a beer or ten. :beer

·
Banned
495 Posts
oh man to bad utah sucks. i lived in bountiful, murray, and kearns, they all sucked sooooo bad..

Ray

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think its 25" to the frame for the lift. I have +8" and was OK. Mud flaps and fender flares are required to pass inspection. They also nit picked about cracked tail lights and even gave me flack about my exhaust not sticking out from under the truck. Its a pain, glad I am back in Arizona.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input took it today for inspection and as expected I need mud flaps and fender flares not to excited seeing I don't really like the way any of them look but I was glad to see that that was the only thing it failed for and the height is 26" to frame below drivers seat and that measurement is determined by gross vehicle weight. Hope to see some of you in my travels.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
oh man to bad utah sucks. i lived in bountiful, murray, and kearns, they all sucked sooooo bad..

Ray
Bountiful, Murray, and Kearns are the East L.A., South Central, and Compton of Utah. You make a really bold opinion based on those dog shit areas you lived. I take it you make less than $12k a year and dont have much of an education? Oh and its all different when you actually move out of your mommies house and have your own place.

Utah is great as long as you arent looking for Hollywood, New York, or Florida. In the right areas you get beautiful landscape, mountains, animals, lakes, rivers, sand dunes, etc. I love Utah and I am NOT even a Mormon. It is all in how you use the resources available to you.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Godless, you said it perfect. I lived in LA for four years and as soon as I graduated HS I moved back. I love Utah and would not really want to live anywhere else. Oh and I live in Sandy, one town North of Draper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts