Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a f150 with a d60 front and sterling rear. I want to go to rockwells so I need a way around the vss. I have an older bw1356 case from an 89 or so bronco. I know the bronco case has the spot for the speedo cable in near the rear output. Is there any way to use this port in the case and hook it up to the speedo I have now. Will the computer like it also?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Been wondering about this myself. There is a member on here that makes a VSS relocate kit. VSS=Vehicle speed sensor. There is no "cable" or gear running the speedo, it's all sensor. It seems easy enough to do, and reasonably cheap compared to other workarounds...Check out my VSS thread for more info.

·
Super Moderator
26,992 Posts
yo,

here ya go guys
Recalibrator Overview for other than Ford 8.8 Differentials; "...we have been working on this for a while and it is the nicest design I have worked with. You dont have to send your flange out for a core and the sensor spacing is adjustable and it is mathmaticaly the same as stock. Im working out all of the math for common tire sizes and gear ratios. Final pricing will be available early next week. Let me know what you think and any queations you have. It comes with 100% of the parts you need and should very easy for most people to install. With original location for ford trucks, the sensor is essentially past or after the gears but before the tires if you think of the drivetrain in a straight line, so only tire size changes affect your speedo reading.When you move the tone ring (the little ring with the magnets) up to the output shaft, you put it before the gears, so now gears and tires will affect it. Factory setup:engine-transmission/tcase------gears(diff)tone ring----axles---tires; new setup: engine-transmission/tcase-tone ring------gears(diff)----axles---tires..."
Source: by mkiefer (Mark Kiefer) at http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44210&page=2
PM Mark here

·
Registered
754 Posts
Lots of people sell a bracket and tone ring for the transfer output. Tone ring is sanwitched between the flanges at the CV/output of the transfer. A simple bracket is bolted to the transfer. Use Google for the parts. Gofastbronco.com has several threads and a vendor to sell you the parts. Lots of 9" setups that have to have these for the desert guys.
PaulW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts