Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Zombie Hunter
13,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use napster and i find myself burning a ton of discs. I am thinking about moving on to an MP3 Player....the problem?

I don't know shit about them. I know my CD player is MP3 ready, i just don't know how to hook it up.....and if i have to buy a player specific for it.

Please school me on MP3 players

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
MP3 player or MP3 CD player?

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,572 Posts
If youre cd player is MP3 ready then all you have to do is burn a data disc full of em, slap it in the stereo, and itll play :thumbup
I carry a binder of MP3 cds in my truck...why carry audio cds when you can fit a good 8 hours of music on one cd in MP3 format?

·
Zombie Hunter
13,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but is there a way too hook up an MP3 player to a radio.....like you could with the old school discmans and the tape?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
yeah...some radios have an input jack for that. There's also little devices that hook to your mp3 player and transmit an FM signal. You tune to the channel and you can listen.

brad

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i have an ipod. im partial to it. holds a ton of music. but i didnt pay a dime for it. got it for free. but if your on a budget you can get one for $100.

what do you want it to do? and the car adapter for cd players normally is fine. the one with the audio input plug and a cassette at the other end.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
basically what i want to do with it is to transfer music to it, and then use it in my car in place of CD's

My truck has a CD player in it.....it says MP3 ready, just not sure what the hell that means

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Bronco Rob said:
basically what i want to do with it is to transfer music to it, and then use it in my car in place of CD's

My truck has a CD player in it.....it says MP3 ready, just not sure what the hell that means
Well...you can burn MP3's onto a CD just like any file, and then it'll play in your CD player...OR...

Pull out your CD player, and check the back, see if it has some audio/video inputs n stuff on the back. If it's MP3 ready..it's probably new enough/high end enough to have em...if you DO have those plugs..go to radioshack or wherever and pickup the cord to plug the CD player to the headphone jack on your MP3 player. Walk in there and say you want to plug your CD player in your bronco to your mp3 player and they'll hook you up..should be 10-20 bucks. Then you're all set..just run the cord down under the carpet and pop it out by the center console or something :thumbup

·
Practicing Infidel
15,309 Posts
Bronco Rob said:

You're in the same shoes I was in a year ago Rob

My truck's CD player was MP3 ready but the owner wasn't;

What you need is a program on your computer to convert regular CD songs (usually called WAVs) to MP3s (10 times more compact in file size).

Then you can convert songs off CDs into MP3 size and use your CD burner to burn nearly 300 of them onto a single CD. Then y'all just stick the CD into the player in your truck and you won't have to change the CD for days or weeks !

I went from 18 CD binders (that held 72 CDs each) down to 2 binders of 72 CDs holding MP3s. Each CD had between 250 and 300 songs on em'.

Let me know if I'm helping any

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
The CD player that I just put in the Bronco has a front input plug(1/8th ").I just have to plug in a cord with a 1/8th " plug on both ends and set the CD player on aux.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have to pull mine to see what the auxillary input is......it's on the back of the head unit

I think its audio RCA jacks

I bought an MP3 player today.

it was 104.99 when i got done with all my sears gift cards i paid $2.34 for it

·
Practicing Infidel
15,309 Posts
Bronco Rob said:
I have to pull mine to see what the auxillary input is......it's on the back of the head unit

I think its audio RCA jacks

I bought an MP3 player today.

it was 104.99 when i got done with all my sears gift cards i paid $2.34 for it
My mistake Rob

I thought yours read CDs with MP3s on em'

Sixlitre

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Sixlitre said:
My mistake Rob

I thought yours read CDs with MP3s on em'

Sixlitre
It does...but he wants to hookup his MP3 player to it...more selection, and no burning :thumbup

·
Practicing Infidel
15,309 Posts
JoeBob1901 said:
It does...but he wants to hookup his MP3 player to it...more selection, and no burning :thumbup

Ah har !

I checked that out for the Pioneer and they wanted $50 CDN, if I was willing to sacrifice the option for a CD changer control.

$110 or $140 CDN to retain the option for a CD changer control AND an MP3 jack (ba$turds all!). Heck I only paid $210 brand new for the dang head unit.

When I can score an Insignia with both options built in for under $160 CDN it'll be a cool day in hades before I's purchases me the pioneer jack option.

Sides it ain't hard to burn them 200-300 selections to a 30 cent CD once in a while.

Hope Rob gets what he needs cheaper than those robbers at pioneer want to ream me for.

Sixlitre

·
Zombie Hunter
13,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i bought a Samsung MP3 player. 512 memory.

I just need to figure out how to hook it up to the radio, instead of sitting here, i should go grab the manual for the radidio

·
Practicing Infidel
15,309 Posts
Bronco Rob said:
i bought a Samsung MP3 player. 512 memory.

I just need to figure out how to hook it up to the radio, instead of sitting here, i should go grab the manual for the radidio

If it means hunting through the garage, just go to their website and read the PDF version of the manual and leave a support e-mail asking the question to them.

All the car audio companies are scrambling to provide an adaptor wire to permit MP3 jacks. And believe me they're making money doing it (ba$turds!).

Sixlitre

·
Registered
243 Posts
what kind of radio do you have? I just got an mp3 player for christmas and I had to buy 2 different cables. 1 was for pioneer to connect to the radio, it had a rectangular input for XM, MP3, whatever you use...and that went out to RCA cables. Then I needed the 3.5 mm headphone jack to RCA's to come from the MP3 player. The pioneer wire was more expensive because it had "pioneer" on the box, but the headphone to RCA was only like 5 bucks at radio shack. If you hvae a pioneer radio...hope that helps (its probably the same principle for other brands though)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts