Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to collect parts to build my own Y-Pipe after reading the others who have from the many threads on the site. My question is with the summit short header will a 2.5"inch collector flange be to big on the summit shorty headers? my plan was a 2.5" in 3" inch out flowmaster Y pipe, into a 3 inch cat, then a single chamber flowmaster and 3inch pipe that i see everyone using.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i'm talking about the ball flange they make that connects the headers to the y pipe also if there is confusion.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry Gacknar what I'm talking about is the ball flange the connects the headers to the y-pipe i have read that people who used stock manifolds had too use 2 1/4" header flanges to connect the manifolds to the y pipe. What I'm asking is since I'm running shorty headers will a 2 1/2" in ball flange work or would it be loose on headers too?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm asking if a 2-1/2" female flange will be too loose on the male end. I want to run 2-1/2 inch piping into a flowmaster y-pipe. the y pipe is 2-1/2 inch inlet 3 inch outlet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts