Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
141 - 160 of 201 Posts

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, built 357W, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Looks like it's all coming together. FWIW when I swapped out the old gaskets for the remflex, I was able to use the original bolts..
Hey bud, you have headers on yours - what did you do for the support bar for the outboard side of the coil bracket? I have the intake studs for the inboard side. Did you fab one up to bolt on with a header bolt? The OEM bar secures to a manifold stud, so I’ll obviously need to do something a little different.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,252 Posts
Hey bud, you have headers on yours - what did you do for the support bar for the outboard side of the coil bracket? I have the intake studs for the inboard side. Did you fab one up to bolt on with a header bolt? The OEM bar secures to a manifold stud, so I’ll obviously need to do something a little different.
I'll have to check..If I recall, I'm just using the one bolt on the intake stud..my header bolts are aftermarket so no mount there, I think I cut the one leg off..not like it weighs that much to where you need the extra support..was kind of overkill to begin with.

just went out and snapped a pic..completely forgot there were two intake studs that it mounts to..that's all I have holding mine in place..

·
The Tennessee Warden
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
I'll have to check..If I recall, I'm just using the one bolt on the intake stud..my header bolts are aftermarket so no mount there, I think I cut the one leg off..not like it weighs that much to where you need the extra support..was kind of overkill to begin with.

just went out and snapped a pic..completely forgot there were two intake studs that it mounts to..that's all I have holding mine in place..

View attachment 172972
Ok. I see you don’t have an EGR solenoid there either. I have the two studs and bracket - just cleaned up some that I pulled from an F150. I may get a small strap and see if I can mount it to a valve cover stud. Thanks! Btw, what’s that fuel pressure regulator you have there?

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,252 Posts
yeah, my TAB/TAD sensors along with the EGR and all the other smog related bits are gone..They've been tuned out with the Tweecer..I do have a magnaflow 3 way cat..

The FPR is an aeromotive unit..needed it so I could bump up the fuel pressure to accommodate the tune I'm running.

Reactions: MS88Bronc

·
The Tennessee Warden
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Test fit of new valve covers on top of the Vic Reinz gaskets - fit perfectly with room to spare above the rockers. Very pleased with this! Got the PCV oil fill cap as well that will attach to the hose going to the MAF intake duct before the throttle body.

·
The Tennessee Warden
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Alright, I figured out that the Vic Reinz valve cover gaskets I had lying around in the garage won’t work with these covers - the metal around the edge keeps the mating surface from touching the rubber on the gasket. So, I pulled the Fel-Pro gaskets out of the box that came with my rebuild kit. I also found out that the nuts I got to secure the covers won’t work on the top side of the covers - only the bottom side works, so I have to go buy a couple nuts to use on the top side since I only had four lying around the garage that fit. Got the breather PCV cap on too.

Now for the lower intake - gaskets and black RTV on the China walls and in the joint in the corners.

Next, the lower intake drops on and bolts and studs installed and torqued to 25 ft-lb in the proper sequence.

The coil bracket fits just fine.

Then, I just had to mock up the upper just to see what it looked like lol.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Looking good with all that shiny metal up there. Can't wait to hear it run.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,252 Posts
very nice..the edelbrock pieces look great..I know some folks had trouble with the upper intake clearance at the firewall..have you already addressed that?

·
The Tennessee Warden
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
very nice..the edelbrock pieces look great..I know some folks had trouble with the upper intake clearance at the firewall..have you already addressed that?
I have not...I’ll keep a ball peen in my back pocket on engine swap day though, just in case. I’ve read about the firewall clearance issue, though, so I’m aware to keep an eye on that. That’ll be a “cross that bridge when I get there” type thing.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,252 Posts
I have not...I’ll keep a ball peen in my back pocket on engine swap day though, just in case. I’ve read about the firewall clearance issue, though, so I’m aware to keep an eye on that. That’ll be a “cross that bridge when I get there” type thing.
I hear you..I'm not sure whether it's all or just some that have the problem..either way it really sucks that after all this time edelbrock hasn't corrected it..

·
The Tennessee Warden
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 · (Edited)
Couple new parts for the ignition came in today. Now to find a good set of wires...

Also got an oil pump priming tool.

Installed (loosely for now) the Motorcraft oil pressure switch - an oil pressure sender will be installed here also when I get the gauge. Oil filter installed, coil installed, as well as the coolant temp sender.

·
The Tennessee Warden
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Got the 195° thermostat and housing installed, and now that I have the right one, the bypass hose actually fits properly. Also installed the water pump pulley.

A buddy of mine is sending me a fuel rail that I’ll pretty up for this build.

·
The Tennessee Warden
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Got the distributor in from Rock Auto so I figured I’d go ahead and stab it in. It’ll come back out to prime the oil pump on install day, but I want to trim the plug wires to good lengths so it looks nice and neat. Too damn cold tonight in my UNHEATED garage though. Lol.

·
The Tennessee Warden
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
Man I tell ya, getting old sucks! Got a few minutes to try and run some plug wires tonight. These are unfinished wires so that I can cut them to the length I want and assemble the end boot myself. But wow, my hands aren’t what they used to be - arthritis is a bitch and it hurts like hell trying to push these wires all the way through a 90° rubber boot, crimp on the metal connector, push it back down in the boot, and snap it on the distributor. I coated the wire and inside the boot with dielectric grease and it was still a PITA. So, I got one done - coil wire is run now. I guess I’ll get plug #1 tomorrow - glad I’m not in a rush. *hanging head

·
The Tennessee Warden
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 · (Edited)
Installed a nice new set of 9mm Ford Racing spark plug wires to link the MSD ignition parts to the Motorcraft copper core plugs. These were cut to fit wires, so I was able to cut them to be the perfect length and not hanging loose all over the engine bay. My heat gun helped make the boots a bit more flexible so I could push the wires through with a little silicone grease.

Had to pick up a spark plug wire crimping tool - it’s amazing how much easier some jobs can be with the right tool!

141 - 160 of 201 Posts