Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been debating on getting a MSD igniton setup for the thruck. been looking through some old posts and kinda got mixed feelings. Just wondering if its worth it or if there is another way to go?

Paul

·
Registered
980 Posts
I swapped a MSD 6AL into a 78 Bronco I had a couple of years ago. I noticed a difference in performance, but don't expect a huge horsepower gain with just changing the box. I noticed better throttle response and off idle acceleration. I also liked a rev limiter. If you don't have a tach and want one, then it is a simple one wire hook up into the box.

On my Bronco now I have a full MSD ignition set up,6AL box, dist, coil, (Its actually the same box I had in the 78) and I like it.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
i don't thimk they are any more reliable than the stock duraspark set up.i had an msd pro-billet and msd6al in an old 2wd with a 351w, which was built up pretty decent....i didn't notice one bit of performance difference.
but it did clean up the engine compartment up.:doh0715:

·
Premium Member
9,986 Posts
Paully33

Check out Sixlitre's "ignition and timing upgrade" if you haven't already, I like the MSD set up with 9mm FMSR wires. I think they've been on there for a little over a year now and still going great.

Good Luck ~:thumbup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts