Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
the iroks run big, but are soft from what I hear.
SSR's tear easy, so i would skip those
The mtrs run about 36", and you konw how they are off road, so I ould go with those or iroks depending on your street miles.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
if u look at the super swamper web site the 36x13.5 IROK tread depth is 22/32 which is a tad deeper then the 37x12.5 SSR at 21/32. its when the IROKs go over that size it gets very shallow.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Chris85xlt said:
if u look at the super swamper web site the 36x13.5 IROK tread depth is 22/32 which is a tad deeper then the 37x12.5 SSR at 21/32. its when the IROKs go over that size it gets very shallow.

Chris, I run the 35" MTR's, and have been very pleased with them. Most others with 37's feel the same. Real mud being the weakness. Onroad/treadwear for a "mudder" being A++. I think you run 35" SSR's, what is your opinion of those?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
i like the SSR's, its a good all around mud tire thats a bit more aggressive then the BFG MT's and GY MTR's. they work great on wet roads, snow, ice and ok in the mud. i had a set of BFG MT's and to me the SSR's was better in every way. the SSR's was even more quiet on the road then the BFG's.
the only problem i've noticed was the rubber compound is really soft when new and chunked alot. but after some miles on it, it will settled in and hold itself together better. also these are heavier then GY and BFG's

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Chris85xlt said:
i like the SSR's, its a good all around mud tire thats a bit more aggressive then the BFG MT's and GY MTR's. they work great on wet roads, snow, ice and ok in the mud. i had a set of BFG MT's and to me the SSR's was better in every way. the SSR's was even more quiet on the road then the BFG's.
the only problem i've noticed was the rubber compound is really soft when new and chunked alot. but after some miles on it, it will settled in and hold itself together better. also these are heavier then GY and BFG's
Good honest feeback, thanks. I would anticipate a bit more weight seeing as they are shown on Interco's site as being 35.3" for a 35", whereas a BFG and MTR are apx. 34.7-8".

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am currently running the 37" MTR's and i really like them they work great on the road, and also on the trails and rocks, but not to sure about them in the mud yet. Still new though.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
tntbronco said:
I am currently running the 37" MTR's and i really like them they work great on the road, and also on the trails and rocks, but not to sure about them in the mud yet. Still new though.
So, good Todd, it's getting late tonight, about to hit the hay....let's get together and mess around in some TSF mud tomorrow......????????? I'll check the board again in the morning. been raining hard here all night.

slippy sloppy gooooooooooooooo:thumbup

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
I just got a set of the 35 mtr and so far I love them, much nicer then the bfg I think. I tryed for a set of 37s but they are on national back order and will probaly be a couplel of months to get

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,614 Posts
The only problem ive had with MTR's was in really sticky mud. Well, it had more of a clay-like consistency. Tread filled up and i was stuck almost instantly. They clean pretty good, but IMO the mud doesnt clean too well when youre creeping along over rocks. Once you start rolling though the stuff goes flyin. They seem to do pretty good on the trails that i run, which are a mix of rocks and mud. Id still like a set of SX's, but id never use them on the street, as id probably wear them out too quickly.

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
From what I have read the irok's are very soft but are pretty cheap for a 37 inch tire. Also the 37 inch irok is more like a 38 compared to other 38's I can find pictures if you want proof. But from what I understand the irok's don't really clean to well in the mud but kick major ass in the rocks, They ever out perform the bf krawler:shocked . But for an all around tire I would go with the mtrs, you hear nothing but good things from those tires:thumbup

·
my precioussssssss
877 Posts
Broncomx said:
From what I have read the irok's are very soft but are pretty cheap for a 37 inch tire. Also the 37 inch irok is more like a 38 compared to other 38's I can find pictures if you want proof. But from what I understand the irok's don't really clean to well in the mud but kick major ass in the rocks, They ever out perform the bf krawler:shocked . But for an all around tire I would go with the mtrs, you hear nothing but good things from those tires:thumbup

there is no 37" irok buddy

look for yourself

http://www.intercotire.com/html/irok.htm

·
....ehhh
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes there is
http://209.240.4.82/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=48&Product_ID=1931&CATID=10
http://209.240.4.82/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=48&CATID=10&Product_ID=1931&count=12&Pcount=12&DETAIL=1

I love the hell out of my 35 " MT-Rs Just the really sticky clay, is the only thing that will keep them from cleaning, but boggers are about the only thing that won't clog up in that kind of mud.

I guess I had already made up my mind on getting the MTR but I was going to see if anyone tolf=d me that another tire was better.

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
sorry my bad I was thinking of the 36 is more like a 38

1 - 15 of 15 Posts