Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time we went out and it got cooler at night with 5 of us in the Bronco, my damn windows kept fogging up!:banghead I was thinking of putting some RAIN-X anti-fog on, but then I thought WTF, it's a Bronco, just take the top off. How bad is mudding going to be for the people in the back seat? Jeep people do it all the time with NO TOP at all, so, I figure it can't be too bad.

Also I saw a post in the 80-96 forum about peoples pillars on the cab cracking when wheeling with no top. Is that a common problem across all platforms incl the 78-79? Or just the 80-96?

I'm leaning right now towards taking it off. (Don't worry, I already searched and found out how to remove it. :thumbup )

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I took my top off for some snow wheelin yesterday and I really didnt kick any snow up into the back. We found a couple good water holes and hit them hard enough to get water over the windsheild but only the top of the tailgate got we the guys in back were fine.

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
if u hit the mud hole fast enough, the water will go straight over :toothless
ive went wheeling with it off, but i have that rubber/vinyl floors, so it just rinses out

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah my floors are bare metal, so I'm not too worried about getting my 'carpet' dirty. When I have the extra money I'll put a rubber coating on the floor/tub.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wasn't too bad at all...my tires are 35x12.5, and they're still tucked well within the fenders, so they only got a little splash here and there.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
davids78bronco said:
I do it all the time - - and I get mud everywhere... even all over my guages
me too... i dont understand quite how we do it.... but i always end up with mud on the gauges.... gues these guys aren't giving it enough skinny pedal.... it needs to be rainng mud down for a while after you let off the gas:toothless

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
davids78bronco said:
That was it? :goodfinge
Whatchu talkin' bout!!! That's about the most we could do with what we had. Next time we go out we're bringing shovels to cut a trench into the big body of water to let some more into it. I tried cutting tracks with the tires but it wasn't happening...come to think of it I shoulda put it in 2WD and it would have maybe cut a couple ruts.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Its worse than 4 wheeling with your windows down. I did that forgetting that my windows were down in my 250, had mud on the seats, inside windows, seatbelts, my kids in the back seat had mud on them, it was fun though.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,535 Posts
your mileage may vary! :goodfinge

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
jb77714 said:
if u hit the mud hole fast enough, the water will go straight over :toothless
ive went wheeling with it off, but i have that rubber/vinyl floors, so it just rinses out

dontcha just love that "hose the floor down it's clean" convienience?

·
Registered
531 Posts
doesn't look like fun to clean... :(

·
Registered
825 Posts
i think i get more mud inside with the top on than if i had it off...of course, my floors are more like...well, let's just say there ain't much there...i can get mud on the roof over my head with the passenger side or the driver side front tire...:toothless

:drinkbud

1 - 20 of 20 Posts