Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was a blast. our group had 7 broncos and one jeep. we wheeled on over 4000 acers of private land. lots of sand, more mud than i have seen in years, and one small water hole that i'll let shane and john tell ya'll about.

heres our group.

me after a little playing.

matt (jafo) playing.

jer's turn.

matt stuck.

jer stuck.

steve pulling jer out.

one of the many sweet EB that were there. they hosted the event.

this was the average beast. built big block, big tires and drivetrain. some of these things were sick. these guys had a lot of money in their rigs.

all in all, it was a great time. two bronocs had to be towed home, and one lost his tie rod end on the dirt road outta the trail. i'll let them tell their own storys.
i have about 70 pics on my superford site. and i know all the other guys will post theirs when they get home.
if you didnt go, you missed out.

·
Retired
16,016 Posts
Man I would have loved to there in all that mud. To bad I had to work. O-well may be next year. Here is a couple of me stuck earlyer this year.
and one more
Sorry how dark they are it was about 1:00am. I am also about 45 lbs lighter now than in that pic.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
looks like you guys had a blast!!

it looks like somebody was going a little fast

EDIT: if you dont notice what im talking about look at the CB antenna

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
:shocked :shocked :shocked

i am SOO jealous now :mad:

oh well... but since i don't have that "little 'ol" lift on yet and with that much mud
i probably would have needed to be towed home too-- and that's a long way :banghead

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
King Andy351 said:

i like that thing:toothless
Thats when the true florida redneck engineering starts to shine on through.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
those are some awesome pics, makes me want to go find some mud! someone needs to learn how to use a video camera though!!

wes

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,829 Posts
Gotta love that skinny pedal. With those A/T's you need a lot of speed to get through that mud..We had a blast...Some mud tires are in the future for me after seeing what those Swampers could do. Lots and lots and lots of mud..I got home around 3:00 today after helping Shane get his situation squared away, then spent 2 and a half hours cleaning the mud off the bottom of my rig, the inside had a 1/4 inch coat of dust. Great FSB turn out this time, can't say a bad thing about our group. It was nice to finally put faces with names too. Like Alan said we had a few casualties early on, I had to tow Shane (Blaze) back to town, still not sure what's wrong with his ride. As for me, by the end of the day I had knocked the good ol' TTB out of whack again :thumbup , what fun, my power steering box is leaking like the titanic, but other than that nothing major. I'll get my pics up tomorrow.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,924 Posts
Crazed said:

That bronco is sweet...I would like to do the older grille in mine too

I've seen a pic of that Bronco before, and for some reason I'm thinking you have to change the entire front clip, its not just the grill...but I could be wrong. :shrug

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
This is one of the best 4wheeling group I have gone with thanks boys I had a great time but feel bad for John and Shane Im sure they be back with bad ass modifys and thank you Alan (gearhead) and Steve (gobucks) for the rides and Shane (Blaze) for the handle for my litle green one .Ill be back in Iceland on 23rd that same day all of you can see my pictures from that 4wheeling trip and I got some good pics from that mexican place

Oscar :beer

·
College User
2,026 Posts
Oscar it was an honor to meet you and get to absorb some of your vast knowledge. Hopefully I will see you guys again at a run and good luck with those engines.

·
Registered
676 Posts
WE made it back safe and sound about 5:00 P.M. Sun and today Oskar and I found out what happened

It bent a rod left a pretty good scratch in the cylinder wall but it looks repairable with .030 over ;)

The flowers are courtesy of my 4 year old who laid the piston and rod to rest

·
Registered
676 Posts
GearHead said:
well i guess it was worse than we thought. was that number 8?
how was the head?
you gonna rebuild that one or find another one?

checking prices for rebuild kits right now with oskar

got any good sites for rebuild kits?

heads look fine and yes it was # 8

called the machine shop today

dipping the block $40
bore $80
cranshaft turn $60
3 angle valve job $150.00

the crank looks good no scratches on it at all

1 - 20 of 66 Posts