Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all my question is im sure some of you have put a flowmaster on ur bronco and i am planning on it i purchased a flowmaster muffler right after the high flow cat. its going in the same place as the stock muffler..

ok my question is did you use the same tail pipe or did you use turn downs.. also since im replacing the stock unit for a aftermarket muffler did yous wrap your muffler or use a heat shiled off of an old muffler im just worried since its bigger will this effect my transfer case? i dont wanna kill my transfer casre or tranny if it doesnt have a heat shield... i do own my own hobart mig welder and wanted to know if anyone has a source for heat shields of sorts if this new muffler is gonna cause me issues..

thanks butch

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Mine isn't covered at all... just make sure you repack your muffler bearings and it'll stay plenty cool.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
You can see what I did in the writeups forum today.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bronco4Life said:
Mine isn't covered at all... just make sure you repack your muffler bearings and it'll stay plenty cool.
muffler bearings huh yeh then maybe i should put synthetic air in my tires along with change the headlight fluid

im a mechanic i just wanted to ask someone who has done this and what they used or did to keep the heat down so it doesnt cook the trans or transfer care

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Haha, never tried synthetic air in my tires, thats next on the list.

Seriously, at the muffler, there is enough room around it that it's not going to cook your transfer case, or transmission.

Like I said, mine isn't covered at all, and I wheeled my rig hardcore last night, and my transmission barely got up to 155 degrees.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
synthetic air? you mean nitrogen ?

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Nitrogen!!?? No man, that's dangerous.
He's referring to the new Helium Air System (HAS). Instead of regular
air you just put this stuff into your tire and it makes your tires lighter
giving you more power and they last longer too. Great stuff really! I think
it's the same makers that came out with the muffler bearings!

·
Yeah- I did it-SO WHAT !!
512 Posts
Anybody know where I can get some rebuilt R12 for my radiator?:scratchhe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts