Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
I will vote to clamp. IMO it is easier to cut a clamp off (and cheaper) than it is to cut a pipe and try to reweld it. Another reason is, about the time you go to do something, itll be in the way, then youll say why the he11 did I do that in the first place....Than and Ive never had a problem with clamps except with rust.

·
Roll Tide!
2,689 Posts
not meaning to hijack....

are clamps really very reliable? im thinking about putting a cut-out right before my muffler. ive got a catback dual system with a Thunderbolt muffler and 1 cat but sometimes id just like to have it screaming..

·
Registered
101 Posts
not meaning to hijack....

are clamps really very reliable? im thinking about putting a cut-out right before my muffler. ive got a catback dual system with a Thunderbolt muffler and 1 cat but sometimes id just like to have it screaming..
i regret my cut-outs 100%. They leak like crazy when closed and constantly sound like crap. I have never gotten a compliment on the sound, only complaining.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Don't worry, it's roman. Just a matter of time before Darwin catches him in the act one day.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Should i weld my muffler right to the pipe or just use clamps?
Do you know you will love the sound ?

Do you weld yourself ?

Do you plan to add things later ?

Ask yourself these questions before you weld.

I'm still looking for the perfect exhaust system and there's no way I'd weld it up. I have components off and on all the time and all I need is two 9/16" wrenches and couple of 3" header gaskets anytime I want to change em'.

For that reason I use $3.09 header flanges on any components I know I'll have off or on often;

Also, I dunno about Jersey but we use road salt up here and some components you thought would last for years are gone in two. They're the last things you'd want welded on then !:shocked

I can always slice the overlapping pipe with a sawzall;

Rust complicates welds and visa versa and cutting off the weld often damages the pipe or component next to it.

That's my experience, but maybe things don't rust down in Jersey;)

Sixlitre

1 - 11 of 11 Posts