Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some advice on which muffler to buy. im going to cut out the factory Cats nd weld in a single 3 inch High Flow Cat. i want to get a good deep rumble, but want it to be loud also. does anyone have any ideas? What kind of mufler should i get? Thanks Guys

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
dirtydave said:
I am looking for some advice on which muffler to buy. im going to cut out the factory Cats nd weld in a single 3 inch High Flow Cat. i want to get a good deep rumble, but want it to be loud also. does anyone have any ideas? What kind of mufler should i get? Thanks Guys
What are you planning on using for a Y-pipe?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i havent decided if i want to sue the Bassani, or if i want to just use the stock stuf with the Flow master Y Connector welded on to it.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
This spring I am planning on using the Flowmaster Y > single cat > Flowmaster original 40 > 2.5" tail pipe.

I will be sticking with my current down pipes and adding a set of JBA headers.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much are those JBA headers costing right now? that is something else ive been looking into. do you think the Flowmaster 40 will be loud also, as well as have the Rumble?

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,913 Posts
I have a Flowmaster 40 series on my '89 and it's not all that loud. It changed the sound of the truck so my mom knows when I'm home and it does sound good, it's just not all that loud. :shrug

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but did you cut out the Factory Cats or did you leave them in? im gonna cu them out and put in a single 3 inch High Flow Cat.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,913 Posts
dirtydave said:
but did you cut out the Factory Cats or did you leave them in? im gonna cu them out and put in a single 3 inch High Flow Cat.
No, left the cats alone. Might wanna check your emissions rules before you go replacing the cat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts