Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, I have lost control of blinkers, brake lights and emergency flashers. I've been told its called a multi function switch that is located in the fuse cox. Can anyone confirm or deny this, and if so, is it the round or rectangular siler fuse///

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:whiteflag

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
The MFS is NOT the round silver flasher. It is the entire blinker/wiper/beam assembly. Search for posts on how to test it. Although going ahead and replacing the flasher would be a cheap and easy start to narrowing down the problem.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
I agree, I would start with the fusebox but it is not uncommon for Ford Multifunction Switches to go out. I have replaced three in different Fords I've owned over the last few years. As GTRider says the MFS is the lever that contains the controls for your wipers and turnsignals.

They are fairly easy and straight forward to replace but they aren't cheap.
Unless you buy a used on on eBay but then it's a crap shoot that one won't have problems soon.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Just a side note...
If you decide to replace the MFS, the one available from the dealership is less expensive than the one at AutoZone. Undoubtedly better quality too.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Just a side note...
If you decide to replace the MFS, the one available from the dealership is less expensive than the one at AutoZone. Undoubtedly better quality too.
Wow, learn something new every day. Ill keep that for future reference.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All fuses are good and changed the flasher swirsh is brand new, so...now I guesss I move to the MFS....which is the lever that connects to the steering column??? Correct???? Sux cuz that damned thing is $140 from the dealership.....

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
All fuses are good and changed the flasher swirsh is brand new, so...now I guesss I move to the MFS....which is the lever that connects to the steering column??? Correct???? Sux cuz that damned thing is $140 from the dealership.....
HOLY JEBUS!!!

Ouch, thats a :lowblow

Maybe check a junkyard too? There has to be a few years with the same switch and for sure they are in the junkyard. For $140 I would be trying to find one in the jy for sure!

KC

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As the bothers said b4...crap shoot and for $140...make or buy theory....F it....im tired or playing the flimsy fuses and switches....just hit the daddy, cuz its the last option...if thats not it....IM GONNA HAVE TO TAKE IT IN....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
F IT!!!!! Found it on EBAY brand new....$50 bucks....so I hope this is the end of it...what u gents dont know is that this BRONC has been rolled in muddy terrain and this happened sfter the rollover....so hopefully this will fix it, ever roll a truck or car???? EXHILARATING....sux to pay for it, but to have the balls to do it and just say Ive done it...is cool, hope it never happens again though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Steve as another thread said, what you say is like red text in the bible, I tested some stuff, nothing is grounding out and this is last option b4 it goes to the shop...as Isaid b4, the BRONC recently was on its side in a mud bgg, so I mave ruined the MFS.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Reading that hurt my head :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts