Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, just wondering how into music some of you are... i've always related most everything in my life into music and was raised on lots of classic rock, while i was still listening to my new age punk kid stuff :D... anyway, i've been playing bass guitar for a good 4 or 5 years now, and i've strummed on 6 strings every now and then but i can't really do much on those, i've been playin a lot of metallica on the 6 string i just bought tho... right now i have 3 guitars in my collection, a les paul copy, a peavey bass, and a washburn bass, and i also steal my brothers acoustic every now and then cus he sucks and i don't :p... i just started makin up some of my own stuff, and i will give credit where credit is due, its hard shit tryin to think up your own songs lol, but well worth it in the long run... anyway, how many of you bronco dewds have/play instruments? and what are some of your favorite songs?

right now i like just about anything metallica has played, great musicians, and i just heard an anthrax song on the carson daily show tonite called "safe home", one of the guitarists went nuts on his solo and it was awsome, other than that, silent lucidity by queensryche has a really peaceful guitar line that i like to just sit back and strum...

·
Registered
589 Posts
well ill say it before anyone else does...
THIS POST AGAIN?????
it only comes up once every other month.... :goodfinge

but now that thats out of the way... we were just talkin this on the michiganjeepers board... and my vote was and still is for

Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers Band, Marshall Tucker Band, and good ole Charlie Daniels...

i could go all day with those boys... :rebelflag

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Music plays a huge part in my life as well...my CD collection is over 700 strong...even with MP3's there's just something about owning the original....:shrug
P.S. Favorites (and this will show how diverse I am):

AC/DC
Gary Allen
David Ball
Kentuky Headhunters
Godsmack
Pantera
DMX
and the greats....
Rob Zombie
OZZY!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Blaze said:
there's just something about owning the original....:shrug

Nothing beats Vynal(sp?) got all the original Charlie Danials Band on record, all the Marshall Tucker Band on record, and i picked up some Skynyrd record the other day..... gotta love the crackling version of the original freebird.......:beer :beer :beer

·
Hmmm....
1,382 Posts
man i couldnt go very long w/o music, i would be the worst person to be around, it helps to get all the anger out and relax and these are some bands that do it for me

Pantera:rebelflag good ol texas boys
KoRn
Skrape:rebelflag
Flaw
Old Metallica (damn their new cd sucks)
Ill Nino
Godsmack
Sevendust and many more

all of which i have seen in concert and will go manytimes in the future

and just an FYI to all the Pantera fans, Dime and Vinnie have started a new band called DamagePlan and their new cd will be comming out in january of 04 w/ a tour around then, i sure as hell will be there

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Ya know whats hard to find though??? I can find vinyl, and you can still pick up the players but needles are a bitch to find....:shrug
P.S. I too love Southern Rock..so I feel ya brah!:thumbup
Oh and MuddyBronc, some of the boys from Pantera..(phil and somebody else..not sure if it was dimebag or who) had another band they tinckered around with...can't remember who...but then again, I'm about half drunk...:shrug

Ohh by the way Alboy....I all most didn't notice...Happy b-day, brah!!!:beer

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
All I got to say is good music sounds great at 1400watts :thumbup
And dumb stuff sounds extremly bad at 1400watts :cry

Something about making it sound live 24/7 is a truely a passion

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
i love blues i play 6 string . i have a gibson blues hawk a fender strat and a washburn
a/e fest series . our band broke up but iam looking for a new one
john
rock on:beer

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm a musician.... spent years through college playing in a southern jam band. I still play out every once in a while with some of my friends different bands...One of the guys in my past bands is now a semi-known rocker... he plays with a band called Vallejo out of Austin texas..Check em' out here www.vallejomusic.com . My influences are the following and have spent much time traveling to shows a years ago before my lil girl was born:
Widespread Panic, Phish, Moe, String Cheese Incident, Leftover Salmon, Allman Bros, Santana, Akoustic Hookah, Greatful Dead, Ratdog, Phil&friends, Derick Trucks Band, North Missisippi Allstars and Galactic just to name a few. I play guitar and I'm Taking advanced Music Theory from a teacher here in town every tuesday... My Rig: 4x12 180 watts Legend Musical Instrument Co. Hand made 2 channel tube amp...Custom Warmoth Flame Maple Hollow Body Strat with Fishman Powerbridge Tremelo..Fender Custom Shop Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Tone Control, 1 Meg pots, LSR Roller Nut..Guitar is wired for Stereo...
Effects: two TS9 Ibenez Tube Screamers, Ross Big Red tank flanger, Digitech Digital Delay, Dunlop Cry baby Wah, DOD fx25 Evelope Filter and a small Rack system with a Mic Pe-amp.. ( I run my power bridge signal through this).. and my effects loop runs through a couple different Alesis Reverb rack mount foot switchable units.....I have a few guitars around here but my Custom Warmoth is my baby....

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Blaze said:

Oh and MuddyBronc, some of the boys from Pantera..(phil and somebody else..not sure if it was dimebag or who) had another band they tinckered around with...can't remember who...
Phil did Down, and brought Rex in for the second cd. (Which is freakin amazing i might add) Phil's new band is Superjoint Ritual, who actually just released their second cd a couple months ago now. Aggressive like 'Great Southern Trendkill', but has a very big punk influence.
Vinnie and Dimebag have their own band now, the cd hasnt come out yet. It just got pushed back, actually. Of course, i cant remember the name of their band now though.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I play a DeArmond Pilot Pro 4-string bass running through an old Peavy 1x10 30 watt. I listen to and influenced by pretty much everything.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Bachman turner overdrive,creedence clear water revisal,lynyrd skynyrd(just bought the 30th anniversery cd),charlie daniels,hank williams 1,2&3 ,robzombie,danzig,mettalica,megadeath,alabama,
willy nelson,waylon jennings,merel haggard,black sabbath, ect ect... it depends what im doing or what mood im in... who went to ozzfest this year?? me and my sister drove down to the chicago one cause she won tickets, it was worth the drive:goodfinge

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
OK i will play along again.

Music is one of the most important things to me period.
I like:

Dimmu Borgir
Old Mans Child
Cannibal Corpse
Deicide
In Flames
Children of Bodom
Hypocrisy
Arch Enemy
Battlelore
Shadows Fall
Killswitch Engage
18 Visions
Poison the Well
Beloved
Norma Jean
Underoath
Stretch Arm Strong
MINION
Earth Crisis
Snapcase
Unearth
Slayer
Sepultura (With Max)
Soulfly
Fear Factory
Borknagar
Lock Up
The Great Deceiver
Throwdown
Kataklyzim
The Haunted
At the Gates
Bleeding Through
Iron Maiden
Death
Malevolent Creation
Morgoth
Primus
RAMMSTEIN
TOOL
Nora
Clutch
SlipKnot
Metallica (Pre black album)
Finntroll
Lacuna Coil
Haste
Figure Four
Integrity (old stuff)
Anthrax
Rage against the machine
Downset
MOD
SOD
Hatebreed
Still Breathing
Run DMC (OLD Stuff)
Public Enemy (Old Stuff)
Etc.

This should be most of what i listen to, probably left a bunch out but you get the idea!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Pearl Jam!! ya just cant beat anything they do, they still survived all these years, even without MTV, they still sell out every arena they play. Yellow Ledbetter is the most timeless song ever.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts