Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am buying a 302 to rebuild and drop in inplace of my existing 302. question is, its out of a mustang and the intake and alternator are gone. will it bolt to my existing trans?i though a 302 was a 302. im not shore of year but it has 78900 miles on it. it was in a mustang and then a thunderbird. i was also told it may put out more power but the guy wasnt sure. im going to do a cam and some small work than put my supercharger on it. but i dont want to buy if it wont fit.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
any 302 will bolt to any small block ford transmission. a 302 is a 302.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thats what i thought. do the mustang 302s make more power?

·
ford freak
731 Posts
from what i've read it makes more power, but you only get it after 3500 rpms. so if your into mud it might work for you, but for chugging across rocks its prob not your best bet.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i plan on a cam and i have an eaton blower to put on so im hopein that will help with low end power

·
Registered
904 Posts
i wouldnt worry too much about the power output, mustangs 5.0s have more power down low than most people give themcredit for. I hope its a rolle block, a lot of guys run mild roller 302s out of stands around here in there jeeps, and those engines definetly put some real power to th groud (and refuse to die).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts