Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up a tubular upper gt40 intake, and lower as well to put on my 94GT. I found out that I need an elbow to make it work, but havent been ale to find one that fits a gt40 set up, but I have for edelbrock, intake. Will that fit??

And, do I need to buy a raised hood to make it all fit as well??

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have a 94gt also and I put an explorer intake on it which is the same basic size as the tubular GT40 intake. Any after market elbow will work, just get one with the same size opening as your upper has which is normally 70mm.

It will fit perfect under the hood but your stock strut tower brace will no longer work. You will need an after market brace to clear the upper.

Here is my PP ( professional products) elbow after getting rid of the EGR area and polishing it up.

Here it is all together with an after market brace.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 94gt also and I put an explorer intake on it which is the same basic size as the tubular GT40 intake. Any after market elbow will work, just get one with the same size opening as your upper has which is normally 70mm.

It will fit perfect under the hood but your stock strut tower brace will no longer work. You will need an after market brace to clear the upper.

QUOTE]

Awsome thanks do much, you don't happen to have a link saved to where I can buy a new tower and elbow by chance do ya?? :thumbup

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have an elbow right now if you need one, I have it listed on Sn95forums.com for 25 shipped, I have the 65 mm TB too.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an elbow right now if you need one, I have it listed on Sn95forums.com for 25 shipped, I have the 65 mm TB too.
I'll take the elbow, I already have a 70mm tb and maf meter ready to go!!!

the studs coming out of my upper intake looks pretty long, do I need a spacer to go with it as well??

·
Registered
192 Posts
On the Explorer intakes they use two studs in the back, like this,

And two bolts in the front, I THINK I have the bolts, I'll send em with the elbow. Explorer elbows have an EGR provision on them, so you know, you'll have to block it off or put your EGR on it, I'll get a pic if you like.

·
Registered
689 Posts
You are going to have to pull those long studs out and just use whatever length you need to mount the elbow. Just look at my pics, thats how it needs to be.

·
Registered
689 Posts
On the Explorer intakes they use two studs in the back, like this,

And two bolts in the front, I THINK I have the bolts, I'll send em with the elbow. Explorer elbows have an EGR provision on them, so you know, you'll have to block it off or put your EGR on it, I'll get a pic if you like.

Wait, are you selling him an explorer elbow? If so that wont work nice at all.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wait, are you selling him an explorer elbow? If so that wont work nice at all.
Yes, I guess I misread your earlier post about Explorer intakes. What's different about the Explorer elbow from a 94/95 Mustang elbow? (Just so I know lol)

·
Registered
689 Posts
The explorer elbow is just a 90 more or less, the after market elbows made for 94-95 stangs are not quite a 90 and swoop down to clear the after market strut tower braces and let the air inlet line up right.

Just compare yours to mine in my pics, you'll see the difference.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I guess I misread your earlier post about Explorer intakes. What's different about the Explorer elbow from a 94/95 Mustang elbow? (Just so I know lol)
plus there ar vacume lines and I think EGR possably, thanks for the thought though :thumbup

back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Basicly all after market braces go around the front of the upper instead of over it like the stock brace. This lets the upper stick up past the brace so they all should work fine. And as long as you get a 70mm elbow you'll be fine.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The explorer elbow is just a 90 more or less, the after market elbows made for 94-95 stangs are not quite a 90 and swoop down to clear the after market strut tower braces and let the air inlet line up right.

Just compare yours to mine in my pics, you'll see the difference.

Well I have three of em now, and I know where 4 more intakes are, so I guess I'll pile em all up and scrap em lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts