Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a set of headers in the near future (1 manifold is cracked) and i've been thinking, the mustangs have the exact same heads as the Bronco's (E7TE), so they will bolt up just fine

But I don't know about the dump location/hook up and if they have that stupid smog pump on the passenger side

I know they have different parts #'s (does that answer it right there?)

Are Mustang Headers Interchangeable with Bronco's? :shrug

Thanks

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Collector location is off. A set of summit shorty headers won't set you back to much though.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Search under Mike2's username with "mustang headers" in the subject line.
He's got some good pics of what he did to make them fit.
Didnt seem like to much of an ass pain, and it opens your options up for headers. There are a lot more mustang headers out there than bronco headers.

Others have done it, he's just the 1st one that comes to mind.

·
Slow Noob
1,218 Posts
i have a set on my bronco, but it had long tubes on it when i bought it, then i got the mustang shortys and the exhaust shop just added what needed to be added in the middle. i'll take some pics of what they did.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I tryed to put them on my 95 with a 5.0L. The left collector JUST missedc the firewall seem, but the collector dumpped right at the front drive shaft. If you use a small enough pipe [I was using 2.5" head pipes] or put a few tight bends in it, you could make it work, but IMHO making the Ypipe more restrictive is counter productive.I sprung for the right ones. BTW The pass side fit fine.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
897 Posts
The money you saved would just be spent on getting them to fit. So unless you can do it yourself, and have the time, I would not bother.

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
*Hijack*
I myself am pretty curious to this, as I already have the headers. http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127286 Heh, figured out quick that I couldn't use 'em when I sat 'em on top of the old Y pipe and went :scratchhe.

I'm not quite sure if it would be cheaper to sell these headers ($75) on ebay after they were cleaned up and buy some new ones using that to offset the cost, or actually have an exhaust shop fab up some bent spacers so I can still use my Bassani Y.

*End Hijack*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts