Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,202 Posts
They will bolt up, but the egr is going to be in a different place on the mustang headers.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Read this.
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62157

They will bolt up, but the egr is going to be in a different place on the mustang headers.
Truck 302's run the EGR out of the lower intake, so that is not an issue.

What is an issue is that Mustang shorty headers terminate and point in a completley diferant position than truck shorty headers/exhaust manifolds.

So wile they will bolt to the engine it will require a custom bent exhaust to use them.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Read this.
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62157

Truck 302's run the EGR out of the lower intake, so that is not an issue.

What is an issue is that Mustang shorty headers terminate and point in a completley diferant position than truck shorty headers/exhaust manifolds.

So wile they will bolt to the engine it will require a custom bent exhaust to use them.

Is it even in the same ballpark, to where maybe an exhaust shop could make the Y or X pipe work, or is there no chance in hell.
I'm probably going to need a 1 3/4 header, and I dont want to render my x-pipe useless. 1 5/8 is just too damn small.

·
Registered
103 Posts
yea, like someone said earlier, it wont bolt into your exhuast. hey, now its a perfect time to upgrade exhuast. true duals with x pipe. yummm

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Is it even in the same ballpark, to where maybe an exhaust shop could make the Y or X pipe work, or is there no chance in hell.
I'm probably going to need a 1 3/4 header, and I dont want to render my x-pipe useless. 1 5/8 is just too damn small.
These are short headers for a Mustang on my F150. I don't know what the differences are, but if anyones got a picture of F150/Bronco short headers lets see them

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
As Mikes picture shows, it's in the ball park. Should be able to modify to fit, but it wont bolt strait up.

But 302 and 351w truck headers also point in diferant directions from one another. 302 headers point a lot closer to where the Mustang headers do than 351w headers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts