Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Mustang hydroboost and AN fittings Q

856 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  jopes 
#1 ·
I searched extensively on the website about hydroboost and I'm still unclear about some questions. Several people built their own AN lines from the hydroboost to the saginaw etc but I've read some disagreement about this. Is it safe to make your own lines? I have parts available but just want to make sure it's safe to do so or do I need some specially made high pressure lines made at a hyd shop. Also I read a post saying a mustang hydroboost won't provide enough pressure in a truck. I managed to snag one of the only two in the junkyard (both were mustangs). Did I just waste my money on it or will it work?

Edit: also forgot to ask, what size AN hose would be ideal? or does it really matter?

#2 ·
I don't mean to post whore so I figured I'd just post it here. The master cylinder on the mustang also does not have a port for the cruise control switch and reservoir level. I might be able to just swap reservoirs but can't swap MC's because of their different mounting styles to the hydroboost. Am I just going to have to go without cruise control or is there another way to wire it?

#3 ·
I don't recally anyone using one from a mustang. I have heard someone using one from the same year F350 or newer. Also a chevy astro van.

#5 ·
there is nothing wrong with making your own hydro lines. You just need to be sure they can handle the working pressures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.