Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone is running a mustang intake? i looking at a ssi. anyone know what i would have to do with the fuel rails, throttle linkage and egr to make it work. it will be on my 95 broc.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,109 Posts
I run a Mustang intake with the stock rails. I made a custom fuel supply using Aeroquip AN lines and Russel's fittings connected to AN adapters on the Mustang rails. I pulled a throttle cable out of a Taurus and routed it from the firewall behind the engine and to the throttle body (my TB is mounted on the passenger side.) I haven't figured out how to hook the EGR up yet. I use an 86-87 AEM Mustang filter and intake plumbing, it's the only one I found that didn't require the MAF sensor to be installed (I'm running a Megasquirt fuel injection conversion.)

 

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
88 351/AOD/4” ProComp 94 351/E4OD/4” Superlift
Joined
·
2,920 Posts
For your 95, it would require a lot of changes to make it work. You'd be better off with something like a GT-40 intake because these big heavy trucks need torque. The SSI doesn't have long enough intake runners to do that. You could also go with an Edelbrock truck intake that requires no mods, straight install.
 

·
crank trigger
Joined
·
8,151 Posts
Larston said:
I run a Mustang intake with the stock rails. I made a custom fuel supply using Aeroquip AN lines and Russel's fittings connected to AN adapters on the Mustang rails. I pulled a throttle cable out of a Taurus and routed it from the firewall behind the engine and to the throttle body (my TB is mounted on the passenger side.) I haven't figured out how to hook the EGR up yet. I use an 86-87 AEM Mustang filter and intake plumbing, it's the only one I found that didn't require the MAF sensor to be installed (I'm running a Megasquirt fuel injection conversion.)


hey, what do you think of that megasquirt? i am contemplating one of those when i do my 351 build (down the road). did you do a writeup by chance?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,109 Posts
ScorpionBoy said:
hey, what do you think of that megasquirt? i am contemplating one of those when i do my 351 build (down the road). did you do a writeup by chance?
No writeups, but the Megasquirt site has EVERYTHING you need to know to do the swap. I have another kit laying around I plan to install on my Jeep one of these days. They're a great setup, just don't expect it to run like a factory install, or even as well all the time as a good carb. My only problem on my rockcrawler is cold start as I have no fast idle mechanism. Other than that it runs way better than the carb.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,109 Posts
Clarko said:
For your 95, it would require a lot of changes to make it work. You'd be better off with something like a GT-40 intake because these big heavy trucks need torque. The SSI doesn't have long enough intake runners to do that. You could also go with an Edelbrock truck intake that requires no mods, straight install.
If the SSI is the one I just looked up (long cross over pipes with dual air logs), it's plenty big enough to make torque in a truck engine. The Mustang intake was a hell of an improvement.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top