Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I don't understand how they can call this thing a Mustang. If it is a preview of the next generation Mustang, I am out. I like having a CAR, and if Ford is abandoning that business, I will never buy a new Ford. Hope my ol' Bronco and F150 last a while- my car business will probably go to the Japanese when my Lincoln dies.

·
Registered
425 Posts
That’s hideous! :sick:

·
Ford Hoarder
6,282 Posts
That body on the gasser current mustang layout I would kind of like, be like the Ford version of a Subi STI wagon. The price is a little bit high I feel for what is there though.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,197 Posts
I like the specs on it, the body...well... not bad if they were to market it as a crossover SUV, you know, more in line with what it looks like.
The fact that they are trying to call it a Mustang is pathetic

·
ate lug
8,450 Posts
I think its pretty cool. AWD, and the Performance Edition will be in the 460HP/610ft lb range, which is pretty damn impressive i think.

As for the looks, its basically a mustang with a hatchback, and i get the hate towards it, but looking at the car w/o the Mustang name attached to it, i still think its a cool car.

·
Eric
2,451 Posts
What the hell..... I thought this was a joke when I saw pics. It looks like the Mustang's gym membership expired right after it developed an eating disorder.

"Ford: You want a truck, or an SUV?.....cuuzzz, that's it."

The new Bronco better be pretty friggin' sweet to make up for that Frankenstein. Is there still going to be a "car" version of the Mustang, or is this the future of hot-rodding? If this is simply another addition to the Pony stable, that's fine and reasonable. Let's challenge Tesla while we're taking a shot at Jeep's title. I might not have called it a "Mustang" though. That nameplate needed to stay true-to-form. It's the flagship vehicle. Why bastardize it? I wanna see some 1/4 mile ET's on this thing after roll-out, though.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Those demonstrations were really dumb, and the fanboys go wild. Now we will have a "Mustang" and "truck" that don't make any noise.

·
Premium Member
34,860 Posts
Elon is such a tool. It's like watching a caricature of a real person. If A.I. was put into a living body = Elon Musk.
Some of the stats are incredible but there's many a slip, twixt a cup and a lip. Shame it looks like it was designed by a 3 yr old.
Also thought it was hilarious, after cracking on F150's and other standard pickups, that they broke the shatter-resistant glass windows in the demo.
With such a low potential price point (compared to the market) and a 500 mi per charge potential, you might end up seeing that butt-ugly thing on the road.

I'm actually more interested in how the professed innovations of the pathetically named "CyberTruck" effect the overall market.
Probably should have made a dedicated thread for it but I couldn't resist when I saw it and silver70's comment popped up in my head.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Mach-E looks just like a Tesla, in my opinion. I think it'll be interesting to drive when it comes out. I've driven a few Tesla's around at work and boy are they quick, if the Mach-E is going to be anything like them then I'm all for it.

·
Ford Hoarder
6,282 Posts
The Mach-E looks just like a Tesla, in my opinion. I think it'll be interesting to drive when it comes out. I've driven a few Tesla's around at work and boy are they quick, if the Mach-E is going to be anything like them then I'm all for it.
This, and I think also their target audience with it. I feel it looks like it should pull anyone in to at least look at it, if they where also Tesla shopping.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts