Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to run these on my FSB, but got a smokin deal on some new ones. 302 HO tubular headers that came stock on mustang GTs 1986-1993. I know some of you guys are running them, make an offer. In great shape, need new studs installed. The old ones were totally wasted by someone running metric nuts up on them, so I have them ground down and ready to drill out.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, 85 was the forst year for the factory tubular headers, but some 5.0 CFI/auto cars got manifolds. 94-95 GTs had them as well, but the design had an air passage tube for the emissions equipment, these do not, and of course, 96 up switched to a log style manifold. The new '05s have a "shorty header" but since they have the same likelihood of bolting up as a Habitrail and a salami, I left them off the list :D

Seriously, I want them gone. Make an offer for what you think theyre worth to you. I'll take the first offer I don't lose money on.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ttt

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
got any pics

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no pics, my camera dumped on me, pop the hood of a 86-93 stang and you'll see em :)

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
i dont have access to a mustang. are they inn good condition?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are used, but not rusted through or beat up. As many sets Ive seen, they are in good shape. A sandblast and coat of black would make them look new again. They do need new studs put in, or drilled out.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Is ARP-100-1414 that what these need to be installed? That's ARP's Chromoly head stud fastener kit.

Or this one for 12-point head. ARP-100-1404

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These just need the new studs for 2 bolt collector flanges, since the old ones were beyong repair and extraction, I ground them off in front of and behind the flange and planned on using a drill press to bore them out, then just run a bolt & nut through them. NOTE: I don't beleive these will bolt directly to the factory Y-pipe, I got in a pair of Bronco Flowtech shorties with the factory exit locations, and they appear slicghtly different, and the mustang shorties have no 02 sensor provisions, as mustangs run them on the H-pipe. They will fit, I searched threads on here, but you'll have to or a muffler shop will have to fab exhaust to your cat, and install 02 sensor bungs if needed. It does give you a way to have headers that flow like headers and have manifold manners at a fraction of the cost, and the opportunity to use mustang (CHEAP and lots of options) shorty headers in the future. No one seems to be putting out $ numbers, so I'll call it $20 and shipping to get them out of here.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are some pics of other ones, mine are virtually identical, sans studs on the collectors.

Sandblasted and cleaned up (not mine, just for an example)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts