Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just smashed up the tubes pretty good on my newer ranchos (i know i know why did i buy them :shrug), I would like to make my own mounts and burn :goodfinge them to the top of my 8.8. What happened i fi used the same shocks without changing the top mount. would the axle just droop to far and snap the lines. I would probably alos have to change my bump stops. Also i dont have a bronco (yea i know this also :banghead but i just love your guys forums full of great info) so i can't mount them up through like I think Dustin (???) did. So what do the people with a wealth load of info have to say :twak :twak :twak :twak

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
depends on shock length,lift(if any).It's your truck so you should be the one under there with a tape, measuring. I can't tell from here whether or not you're going to snap a brake line or bottom out your shocks.

·
Registered
69 Bronco crawler, 85 Bronco dormant baja build, 93 Bronco cruiser, 05 F150 supercharged 5.4 tow rig
359 Posts
you'll get more droop but less compression, which could be a problem if you come down hard. either get shorter shocks or make damn sure your bumpstops hit before the shocks bottom out, otherwise you won't have to live with those Ranchos very long :goodfinge

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think i need to mount a vid camera on the axle so we can all watch those ranchos explode. :thumbup
:lolup :lolup :lolup :shocked :shocked

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
here is how I mounted mine. my shocks where too long to mount all the way on top of the axle and I wasent buying new shocks again.

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
i will be putting mine on top if I can mke it work, and just canting the so i can use the full travel on them. the stock rears flex ok without the sway bars, so max your travel with the shocks if possible., Just get an extended brake line if you are going to being pushing the limits. More info on what your rig has would help

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
DUSTIN, need yo help G

bringing up an old thread.

DUSTIN, how much up travel do you have left on the new rear shock setup? Can you take a pic of the whole shock and the angle it is at. Also, which ranchos are those (number? like 9112 or something) I am trying to figure out what I want to do with mine. As of now I may just keep the stock upper and use 9112 with a new lower rear, thats up and closer to the axle, or go with the 9012 from the front (since I need longer shocks now with the 60) and make a new upper also.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
I will get back to you on numbers tomarrow, they should be whatever is called for for a 6" lift on a bronco.....as far as how much uptravel I have left it isnt much but enough. My tire will hit the body before the shock bottoms. I left the angle as close as I could to stock, I played with changing it but I decided not to as it probaly wouldnt have made a big deal and I just kept the stock upper mount

here is a pic of the travel left, now its probaly a tad more since I had the springs adjusted since then.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that looks good enough to me dustin......did you need to change your brake lines any? i think i am going to torch mine off this next weekend and move them up, but i am not sure what to do about the bump stops.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts