Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
passenger side almost complete--hard to work around the exhaust but home stretch now.

new radius arm brackets mounted to the RC drop brackets, Braided brake lines installed.

Untitled by mike k, on Flickr

Re-ordered pivot bushings for the front axle, originally bought energy branded, but ordered in Prothane as the fit in the original metal sleeve.. wasnt up for the fight and hard to rent tools in our situation we find ourselves in (covid)

old bushing put up a little fight but nothing heat and small chisel, ill install new bushing tonight when wife and kids head to sleep.

received new stock replacement radius arms, gave a quick scuff and coat of paint.

think the old arms are ready to retire, tried cleaning them up and painting them, noticed how chewed up the sleeve is, the new bushings are loose on it... glad I replaced.

tonights mission, install bushing and new driver side bracket for the axle.

hopefully driver side proves to be slightly easier!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
driver side axle pivot bushing installed, and new RC drop bracket in final position. install wasnt bad at all for the bushing. working on passenger side now.

installed new radius arms, new hardware, and new to me quad shock mount.

hopefully have passenger side pivot bushing installed with new RC bracket in the next couple hours then i can start installing new springs and shocks on pass side..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
been a busy week trying to get the truck back together,

ran into some issues with the driver side hard line that attaches to flex line. A friend of mine is coming to fix it for me. couple small things to do still but its back together and back on its side of the garage.

Bad photo but i still have 1" rake which is perfect IMO

super happy with the results, cant wait to see how it handles.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not to hijack a beautiful build, which I’m envious of, but what is the bolt/screw in the top picture to the left of the shocks above the two bolts? Mine is a bit rusted and would like to replace.

Thanks much!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Not to hijack a beautiful build, which I’m envious of, but what is the bolt/screw in the top picture to the left of the shocks above the two bolts? Mine is a bit rusted and would like to replace.

Thanks much!
The inner fender fastener? Sorry not sure what you mean. And no worries about hijacking ask away.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
took a few days off to clean up my garage and organize it.

went out this morning for a couple hours, re installed front sway bar and new sway bar links with poly bushings and new hardware. While under there I installed a BDS steering stabilizer kit (used a bilstein decal on it because "why not") still have to get the drivers side hardline dealt with, hopefully my buddy can get over this week.

Have to pick up a new battery this week, as well as the new lug nuts I ordered, once I have it 100% complete Ill book it in for an alignment.

also checked tracking of my OBS interiors double DIN dash kit and I should have that in the next day or so!!

Getting closer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Brake line sorted, and brakes bled. New battery installed. Took for a test drive, defiantly more firm and controlled than the worn stock suspension.

test drive 2 provided another head ache for me, I think something broke in the column, truck will start the the cylinder just turns freely until the start position. Ugh!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
pulled column apart to figure what the issue was, as expected the Ignition Actuator malfunction, the Pin had popped out somehow? not a terrible repair BUT now I have slight vertical movement that I cant figure out. deal with that next winter during hibernation, cant be bothered now.

drove it into the office for the first time in almost 2 months, drives really well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm still new here...found this builds forum. This is the first one I clicked and just amazed at this entire thread and build. The truck looked good from day 1. From everything done it's a new truck almost that will last forever...will be following for the double din install. I'm glad I got here because I sure will be buying one of those double din kits too. If for some odd/crazy reason you get rid of this truck someone will be VERY lucky to get it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I'm still new here...found this builds forum. This is the first one I clicked and just amazed at this entire thread and build. The truck looked good from day 1. From everything done it's a new truck almost that will last forever...will be following for the double din install. I'm glad I got here because I sure will be buying one of those double din kits too. If for some odd/crazy reason you get rid of this truck someone will be VERY lucky to get it.
appreciate the kind words. I’m hoping the Double Din kit will arrive this week so I can get started.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts