Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 95 Bronco XL 302 auto after my 91 f350 axle swap. Done on the cheap. I will try to list all of the parts/prices as I remember them I did it over the last few months when I had time so some of my info my not be correct but it will give you an idea
1995 bronco 128k---------------$2200
1991 f350 215k not running------$1200
skys rsk shackels---------------$ 90
skys rear rsk--------------------$ 125
Iron for build (used)-------------$ 80
nuts and bolts------------------$ 35
wheels (used)-------------------$ 100
frnt brake lines/pads------------$ 70
driveshaft shortening and u joint $ 155
tires (used) --------------------$ had for a few years
Total --------------------------$4055

time invested 20-30 hrs
It rides and drives like a very short f350. I think its better than the stock ride and my radius arms don't clunk in the worn out bushings anymore
http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/j336/cmoor29/

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
upload them to photobucket.com or supermoters.net and paste the links here(or the link to your gallery)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some of the things that i had to do that you may want to know.
I had to drill holes for the rear spring hangers on the front of the bronco, I used the hanger from the f350 as a template held up against the frame with the lower front hole on the bracket 1 1/2 inch on center ahead of the rear of the bodymount bracket. This is the same as the f350 location.
I used the track bar bracket from the f350, using the ttb left bolt hole and drilling the other 2, again using the bracket as a template.
I got to go to work I will ad more later

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Looks good. How does it articulate compared to the coils? Do you still have the F350? If so was it a 460 truck? Reason I ask is I have a 460 from a 91 F450 and need some of the harness from the F350/450. Thanks, Charles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dont have the f350 anymore, traded it for a sb zf5speed for when I get time again. I also have a 4bt/cummins nv4500 I might put in it. It was a diesel f350 so it would not work for the harness.
I ran the shackles up front for a few reasons. I have had a few f350 and never had a problem with the way the ride or drive. I also did not want it to sit to high and a front rsk adds at least 3 inches to where it is now. It also made it very easy to locate everything and easy is nice sometimes.
The angle of the shackle was a result of again trying to keep the front from siting to high, keeping the caster angle close to stock f350 without shims and I am under the understanding that the flatter the angle of the shackle the lower the spring rate, which I now think is a correct statement as it rides very nice for having diesel springs and a 302. Because the springs are very close to flat the shackle never runs "length" before the spring starts to have a negative arch and starts to get shorter.
flex is ok, but its in major part do to the stock bronco rear springs and the rear rsk. the front spring are still stiff and the engine is very light. A winch, and a 3.9l cummins should improve this, or a set of 351 springs, or both. One step at a time.
I may consider doing a rear shackle in the front. I will just have to see how it goes. I have been looking at 2004+ f150 rear springs and like there measurements. Also Sky manufacturing is working on a front rear spring perch that has the hole 1 inch ahead of the stock and a lot stronger looking.http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/new/detaproduct.php?id=293 With the nice flat surface of my angle iron crumple zone reinforcements I have alot of options for future mods. but for know I am very happy with the truck. I have room for alot more tire but I have 2 sets of 33 12.5 16.5 so they work for now. I will look for some more pics but I dont have any of the actual build sorry. when I'm working I dont think about pictures, I am glad for those of you who do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts