Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im new to the site, thought there would be alot of helpful info on this site. got a few pics of the truck.. put a couple 12 subs in. alot of body work in the past 7 months.. welded in rear panels ect.. im 15 now and love working on trucks.. put in a new higher charging alternator, power steering pump, and master cylinder.

Its a 1978 with a 4 speed granny tranny. 351c

first day I bought it.

Bit of work done... just starting.. the other truck is my brothers,, 1987 with a 92-96 front clip

then forgot about the camera and this is how it looks today

Oh and yes it is getting a lift, tires, rims, and re geared.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
351m. not 351c, unless you can prove it. a lot to learn you have. BUT, I commend you on your hard work, way to go! keep it up.
And welcome to FSB!

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
351m. not 351c, unless you can prove it. a lot to learn you have. BUT, I commend you on your hard work, way to go! keep it up.
And welcome to FSB!

Well when i bought the truck the previous owner said it had a 351 w. My grandpa has a 351c and everything matched up the same. I honestly dont know the engine, But either ill find out when I buy engine parts or when I get the Vin?? numbers on the engine.

And thanks again

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Well when i bought the truck the previous owner said it had a 351 w. My grandpa has a 351c and everything matched up the same. I honestly dont know the engine, But either ill find out when I buy engine parts or when I get the Vin?? numbers on the engine.

And thanks again
yeah, I was once told it was a 351c......nope. just a boat anchor, but I got to lookin around and discovered that the modified Clevelands ain't so bad.

I think the casting numbers are on the passenger side under cyl#4 exhaust port.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
don't think so, M heads had larger combustion cambers for lower compression than the 351C, but I could be mistakin.

also, Because the 351C was produced for a short time ID-ing is straightforward. D0AE-D blocks have two-bolt mains. D0AE-C and D3ZE-A blocks have four-bolt mains

and easy side note!: Accessory Brackets are not interchangeable in between the M and C.

post a pic of the engine im sure we can help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm diggin the flat black paint jobs these days. I'm thinking about fixing some rust on mine (one winter outside of the southwest and everything goes to shit). I'd like to try and spray it myself but I'm scared of the results...but I guess that's the way to learn.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,771 Posts
Don't get me wrong. It's strong as hell but unless you sprend a lot of time practicing good luck. I did a CJ7 with rattle can that turned out incredible but went through $392 worth of spray paint. and hours upon hours of finger cramps LOL but it turned out absolutly perfect. The Bronco is painted with Rustoleum Flat Black enamel. Bought in quarts at HDepot. Same stuff thats in there Rattle cans but only took 2 hours to do after body prep.(mostly masking in that 2hrs.) Total cost was $17... Yeah I didn't type that wrong $17.00 and if I scratch or bang it up I can rattle can any of it cause its the same exact paint. If you saw it in person you would think it was done professionally.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.