Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised, here is my 78 full size, pics of the motor swap and the new wheels.

This is our Calamity Jane as she looked when we bought her, a few days before the 351m blew

Prepping for the motor swap

disassembling for removal

The donor, a 400m punched .040 over out of a 78 f250

All hooked up with a freshly serviced Edelbrock 4bbl carb

Starting her up for the first time

found four alloys for $50, considering my plans it didn't make sense to buy new ones.

Finished and matched with 33s

Here we are with the freshly painted wheels and better fitting tires. next step, body work and fresh paint for the truck

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
351w500 No kidding, I haven't even begun to touch the Bodywork, I have new doors to hang, I need to replace the front fenders and have the rear wheel wells repaired, I also have some custom fab work on the rear most cross member to do. and then she gets fresh paint. And at some point after that she's getting a new clutch, an engine rebuild and a new High rev cam, roller lifters, and better valves/valve springs. one job at a time though.

379sinvb
not sure about this year, I spent my holiday fund to take my wife to Ireland. maybe next year!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The oil pump driveshaft snapped and the engine seized. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened her up, I'm going to need some new rod bearings and to have the crank polished.... But theoretically I could salvage most of the original engine.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,512 Posts
When you go to replace the pump drive rod, get a racing duty rod. The factory rods are the Midland's weak point. Also, If you go to put an aftermarket gauge on it, install it at the oil port on the top back, rather than at the block side port behind the fuel pump. That way, if there's another failure, there's a good chance you'll catch it before it totally fails.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts