Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #166 (Edited)
now it was time to fix the old and rusty battery tray. Since the original Battery tray is mounted outside of the inner fenders is no wonder that they are so rusty. So my new Battery tray will be inside on top of the inner fenders so I think it will be better protectet and it will last longer. I had some thicker sheet metal left over and from that I build the new tray...

now I had the chance to test my new big welding magnet - it was a perfect helper!

and now the part that I also love to do - powder coating! I powder coated the part twice to have more thickness of the coat for a better protection.

I'm so curious how it will look like mounted into place and equipped with the battery 🤓

·
Ford-a-Holic
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,249 Posts
I just read through the whole thread and I must say your dedication, as well as your skill, is impressive. I have undertaken many projects like this over the years and now that I am older, it is definitely a younger man's game.
Keep up the good work and looking forward to seeing it with some color on it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
I just read through the whole thread and I must say your dedication, as well as your skill, is impressive. I have undertaken many projects like this over the years and now that I am older, it is definitely a younger man's game.
Keep up the good work and looking forward to seeing it with some color on it.
@cobrajoe thank you! I hope to see it with some color on it soon too :cool:

·
Chillin on the Gulf Coast
1,587 Posts
Phenomenal work Sir. You are going to be very proud to drive this Bronco around and show off your craftsmanship. This a shame that people seeing it on the street will not know the work and pride you put into it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Phenomenal work Sir. You are going to be very proud to drive this Bronco around and show off your craftsmanship. This a shame that people seeing it on the street will not know the work and pride you put into it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thank you! (y) Yes I will be very proud to drive the Bronco and I can hardly wait for the day :cool:

161 - 180 of 180 Posts