Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have had new bedsides waiting for a year, and there was mud coming up through the wheel wells so time to fix. Of course I live in Canada so it is having some rust issues but i am cutting out all the rust i can. Dont be to harsh on the welds, i just got the welder and i am not the greatest and i havent welded since i was taught how in high school 6yrs ago. but i am getting there, here is what i got done so far.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Dude.. where did your top go?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i went and took some pics while i wait for it to dry up out side. here is what it looks like with no more holes or rust, and you can see the 2 1/2" tube i put across the back of the truck
on the out side of the truck i still have to clean up some more, i want to go father under the truck with the bed liner its just to wet out to do that now.

next on the list is to clean the out side tub and bed line it, prep the inside of the tub to bed line it too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i will keep yours a watch item as i am trying to save money to restore my 92 that the wife bought while i was overseas in the sand pit.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so here are a few pics of the drivers side all cleaned up, and the bedsides just sitting there, so they dont look 100% because they are not welded on yet, i am going to coat the inside of the bedsides before i put them on so they dont rust from the inside out.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
before i put the bedsides on, i am going to coat them with some rust protectent so it will slow them down on rusting again and not from the inside out.
Also going to throw some paint on the frame while it is easy to get at with the bedsides off.
Taking the windshield out this week and going to start fixing the roof.

·
Registered
834 Posts
so here are a few pics of the drivers side all cleaned up, and the bedsides just sitting there, so they dont look 100% because they are not welded on yet, i am going to coat the inside of the bedsides before i put them on so they dont rust from the inside out.

In this picture, I noticed you cut out or otherwise removed the outer skin of the B Pillar.
It is my understanding that this is a glued in peice.
What did you do to remove the adhesive?
I need to do a small repair myself...

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it is not glued, it is welded on from underneith.
I just used a cut off wheel close but not into the b piller, then used a grinding wheel to grind it back flat to attach it back to the bedside.

i have tryed to find a after market b piller, but i cant find one. It would be ideal to put on a new one now so i can weld it to the new bedside then put the two on the truck together

·
Registered
834 Posts
it is not glued, it is welded on from underneith.
I just used a cut off wheel close but not into the b piller, then used a grinding wheel to grind it back flat to attach it back to the bedside.

i have tryed to find a after market b piller, but i cant find one. It would be ideal to put on a new one now so i can weld it to the new bedside then put the two on the truck together
I was able to get a clean pair from a guy in california but, it is the ENTIRE Peice which was cut out just below the beltline and into the roof so I have the rain gutter attached.
I was hoping just to peel off the outer "skin" and glue the new one back on but, welded... crap.
I don't know how to weld but at least now I know what I am looking at.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, got the windshield out, cut the rust out the front corners. My buddy had a old ford van that has a rain rail that goes almost all the way around it so i cut out some of the rail for my drivers side, didnt get pics of that but will today. But i got the passanger side front corner all welded and just need a very little bit of filler the finish it off. Also got most the frame painted as well.

oh and i got the GF to paint the frame

1 - 20 of 110 Posts