Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so as most of you may know i used to have a bronco but it started throwing way too many problems at me and it wasnt the right offroad vehicle for my current likings. though i did LOVE my bronco i just didnt have enough money to make a fullsize into a prerunner. so i traded my bronco for a 1992 ford ranger. it has 12" king dual rate c/o's w/ 330 over 550lbs in the front and 16" king double bypass piggybacks sitting over deaver long travel race pack in the rear. it has 3" over beams with extended radius arm mounted to a solo tranny x-member. also 4.56 gearing in a stock ranger 8.8, a 32gal jaz fuel cell and a ford 4.0 v6. but with anything i ever buy, it needs work. all the parts are there for a good mild prerunner but the execution just wasnt. ill let some pics do the talking.

Bringing it home. :thumbup

Bye bye bronco :cry

has been measured at 15" travel in the front and 18" in the rear..for now

the interior is was gutted minus sparco seats, a dash, and a little center console. this is after i started tearing into it.

despite what the PO says the truck was layed on its side at one time and broke the bedside mount and he "attempted" to weld it back on. one little wiggle and it broke off and left this.

he decided to wire the fuel pump and the tranny cooler relay with speaker wire.

a mess of useless wires pulled from under the center console.

cleaned up a little.

after doing all this work to the ranger i tried to register it and found out the back reg is $938!!!!! i said hell no!! so killing 2 birds with one stone, i decided a cab swap will fix my reg. problem and give me a non-damaged cab. yesterday the cab swap took place thanks to the help from Marc (worldclasssniper), Vic (Spectre), and my GF. pics of yesterdays activities will be posted shortly (currently uploading)

FUTURE PLANS:
-finish cab swap
-5" over beams
-swing steering
-9" rear end
-have fun!!
projects are never done so this list will always be changing.

ENJOY!!!

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,252 Posts
I will be tuned in :popc1:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so as stated above, yesterday we did the cab swap on my truck. we started around 8am and it turned out to be the perfect day weather wise for the swap. we started the day with a running truck and by the end of the day we had to tow it to where it has to sit. the original cab is a 1992 and the cab that we swapped on is a 2000, hence the nickname 9200 ranger. here are the pics..

for all of the pics and to see the final result check out the my supermotors page

the truck as of 7am

popped the doors off and Marc showed up and we dug in.

then vic showed up and the fun began

got the girlfriend involved too (she loved it)

the old coming off

at one point that was the little piece stopping the cab from destroying the rest of the truck

marc gets his money's worth out of cut off wheels

poor body work by the PO. BTW thats all bondo!!

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Where are the rest of the pics? I know there are some sketch pics out there. =)

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,252 Posts
What was all the bondo in the bedside?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
382 Posts
dude that bondo looks like its .5 or .75 of an inch thick? I thought bondo was for a very small skim coat something like .05 or .10 of an inch.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Bondo should AT THE THICKEST an 1/8" from what I knew. I'd never put a thick coat of bondo on ANYTHING lol

Nice truck nonetheless

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah we were all shocked when we saw how thick the bondo actually was on the side. i cant believe someone actually thought that was ok.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
But remember the PO swore it had never been rolled or laid on it's side.

·
4:20 Enthusiast!
3,277 Posts
But remember the PO swore it had never been rolled or laid on it's side.
He wasn't wearing a helmit and tends to forget about some details now!:doh0715:

Great build so far!

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
yeah we were all shocked when we saw how thick the bondo actually was on the side. i cant believe someone actually thought that was ok.
i have to admit...at one point in time i actually thought it didnt matter how thick the bondo was either. no one told me other wise at the time. i've learned over the years and if it wasn't for all the other evidence that it'd rolled and he wasn't lying to cover it up i'd say forgive his ignorance. but in this case i can't. guess the point i'm trying to make is we were all noobs once.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have to admit...at one point in time i actually thought it didnt matter how thick the bondo was either. no one told me other wise at the time. i've learned over the years and if it wasn't for all the other evidence that it'd rolled and he wasn't lying to cover it up i'd say forgive his ignorance. but in this case i can't. guess the point i'm trying to make is we were all noobs once.
very true we are all newbs once but at least own up to the fact that it was rolled/layed over. anyways, thanks for all the positve comments. i hope this thing turns out better than i ever hope...but then again dont we all lol.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
The bondo was almost as thick as a quarter, not laying flat. It was ridiculous. I think Ian kept a few pieces. What happened to all the pics, you said there were like 85. I think I saw maybe 10...

Any idea what you are gonna do with the wiring yet...

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
The bondo was almost as thick as a quarter, not laying flat. It was ridiculous. I think Ian kept a few pieces. What happened to all the pics, you said there were like 85. I think I saw maybe 10...

Any idea what you are gonna do with the wiring yet...

Looks like you guys did a hell of a job!

X2 on post up more pics here. I hate going over to another site like Supermotors and navigating through a bunch of pics. Would rather just click on the thread here, and scroll down and see it. Also helps if you have commentary/questions on particular pics.

1 - 20 of 215 Posts