Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. My 1993 EB with the 5.8 took 7 quarts (FL-1A included) to get up to the full line. From what I've read before, it should hold 6. Could my dipstick be wrong? The truck was on a level surface.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How long did you wait to check it after putting the sixth quart in, because cold oil will take a wile to run all the way into the pan.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How could I tell the difference between an aftermarket pan or OEM? I might go to the grave yard and try to find another dipstick and test it against mine

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
How could I tell the difference between an aftermarket pan or OEM?
Well, you could measure the amount of oil that came out of it when full. Or look for a brand name or part number and look it up. My Canton Racing Offroad Dual Sump Pan holds 8 quarts + filter.

·
Super Moderator
26,007 Posts
I let the truck idle for about 5 minutes.
yo O2,
any signs of Coolant in oil?

check;
dipstick tube fitment into the cylinder block
tube bracket to exhaust manifold stud; some are loosened during engine service

This is by Ford; "Checking the engine oil level:
1. Turn the engine off after it has warmed up and allow a few minutes for the engine oil to drain back into the oil pan."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yo O2,
any signs of Coolant in oil?

check;
dipstick tube fitment into the cylinder block
tube bracket to exhaust manifold stud; some are loosened during engine service

This is by Ford; "Checking the engine oil level:
1. Turn the engine off after it has warmed up and allow a few minutes for the engine oil to drain back into the oil pan."
No coolant in oil. I will check the bracket tomorrow. Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Hmmm weird, my 95 5.8 holds 6 quarts and even at 6 quarts its a tad above the full mark.

Possible that you have a bigger pan, or there is a secondary oil filter or pre filter if you will on there, or maybe dipsticks are wrong? Idk just throwing out ideas

:popc1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts