Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't do too much to it. I removed the 20"rims and the 36"tires. I replaced them with 15"crawlers and 35"BFG's. I alson added a fully functional and adjustable whip antenna with coil on the bolts from the spare carrier was before. Further more I added some Hela 6" lights to the brush guard in front. Blackouts were added to the rear lights aswell. One omore thing. On the windsheild I have a solar panel that I converted to refresh my battery during trips or campouts in case of unforseen power issues.:toothless All though I feel the bfore pics were nicer, I like the versatility the new setup offers off-road.

The before pics:

And the after pics:

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, no more balllllllllahhh! Now you can wheel it without worrying about scratching your 20's.
You got that right, I was always scared to go off-roading with it. B/c of that I always took out my Wragler to play in the dirt and mud while camping. But now I will be able to ride out in it on the 29th for my Camping/Off-road club.

I will post pics of camping trip in 2 weeks when I get back.

Here is a link to my club for anyone who wants to check us out or lives in the same area a we do. We are in Miami, FL near the Everglades for easy access to mud holes and dirt trails.

http://groups.google.com/group/dirt-monkey

We are simply a group of close friends that enjoy getting away from the city a few times a year.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Bro, you are trying too hard to please people here. It ain't about that. You don't like the way my truck looks? :goodfinge Fark off! :goodfinge That's my attitude. :)

Those tires look TINY in those wheel wells now. You should remove the body lift. ;-)

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bro, you are trying too hard to please people here. It ain't about that. You don't like the way my truck looks? :goodfinge Fark off! :goodfinge That's my attitude. :)

Those tires look TINY in those wheel wells now. You should remove the body lift. ;-)
Thanks for the honesty, but I did like how they looked. But it just didn't make any sense ruining an investment by trashing them in the mud, dirt, rocks and what ever else I could run over :) I sold the rims and tires and made a profit so now I will be able to get 38's when these tires wear out. That's why I haven't removed the body lift, since bigger tires are coming by the end of the year at least.:goodfinge

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool truck before and after. 38's will look nice for sure!

Do you have any pics of your solar panel and how you wired it?
Will try to get a Tech Forum out for it next week. But they are actually available on eBay if you search in general for Solar Panels. If you have any trouble let me know and I will help you find one. They cost about 20-50bucks depending on the auction you find. And the only adjustment I had to make was the wiring and the addition of a kill switch b/c the one I bought cannot be connected during operation due to surges in power reversing to panle. Unless you good anought o figer how to protect it from that with out a kill switch I don't know another way. The ladder would be to have to disconnect it everytime tou start your truck. It comes in power options too like cigerate light plug or battery clamps.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yeah, 38's would be nice.

On the kill switch on the panel, the easiest thing I can thing of that does not involve diodes would be a normally closed relay wired into an ignition source. That way, when you turn the key on, the relay opens prior to the engine turning over, and when you turn the key off, the relay reconnects and starts charging again. BUT, if a fault were to occur during operation, the relay would close and make the connection. This is where the diode protection comes in. I'm no longer an EE-type guy though, so I cannot off-hand tell you how to wire in the diodes or which ones to use. Should be able to find it on the interweb though.

·
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!
6,250 Posts
:brownbag I kind of like it better before. It still looks good, but if it were mine I would take off that side step and black lights.
Clean truck BTW.

·
Registered
904 Posts
i like how it looks a lot more now. A lot less "look at my rims!" and more of an "i do, in fact, see dirt" look.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
get rid of the body lift that makes it look gay

·
Registered
136 Posts
because having 35's and 20" inches of lift looks retarded,on top of that the stock ttb and 8.8 won't handle 38's with moderate off-roading.I'd go 35's TOPS on tires and get rid of the body lift.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts