Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just bought my first Bronco! It is a 1994 Eddie Bauer Edition. Overall it is a farely clean truck. It had some rust in the usual spots. Over the driverside front wheel well, over the driverside rear wheelwell, and of course on the bottom of the tailgate.

Here are some pics the old girl. (stock as i bought it)

This is a side view of the passanger side.

This is a view of the front.

I didn't take a picture of the driverside.. The only side that was bad. I wish I would of now though. Anyhow here is where I am at now.

1st: I remover the front fender as it was pretty rough and I wanted to do it right. Keep the bondo down to a minimum! As you can see it had a pretty nice hole in it!

Old fender has been removed!

2nd: Had to put the new fender and get it to line up. It took alot more time than I thought. This being my first ever truck rebuild

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k629/crawfost/BroncoNewFrontFender.jpg

After that it was time to work on the rear wheel well. We cut the old fender out with a zip disc and put in a new piece of steel. We mig welded it in. Ground the weld down flat. Coverd the seem with some fiberglass. Sanded it down and then made it nice a smooth with some bondo. Last we layed on some primer.

Befor

After. You can also see in this picture that I took off the running boards.

This is what she is looking like right now. Got alot fo work left to do but it is coming along!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a long list of things that I plan on doing. That is what I need help with. This is my to do list as of right now.

To do list:
1. Remove skid plate
2. Paint underbody (I am rockerguarding the whole underbody)
3. Install Lift kit (Not sure if I should go 4 or 6? Sugestions?)
4. Tune motor up (New plugs, New wires, Cold Air Intake, What else?, Gear help would be apretiated)
5. Seat Covers
6. Re paint tire carier
7. Re paint truck
8. Put on some 33x12.5 R15

As of right now that is my to do list. I am sure there will be more to come. If you guys have any other ideas on what I should look at well im re building her let me know please. Help would be greatly apretiated!! Thanks again hope to heer from you!

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
where are you located? looks like your doing a great job.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey. I am from Cedar Springs, Ontario. Canada. I have got a bit mroe work done on her. Here is some pics of where she sits now.

I got hard at it well my dad was on vacation and painted most of the frame. I painted it in rocker guard. I just didnt paint all the stuff I was going to have to remove for the suspension Lift. Here is how the new fram looks!

I Forgot to mention that I taped all the brake lines to make them look clean. Was alot more workt hat I thought it would be. But was well worth it!

I also removed the skid plate and painted it with rocker guard. Then I painted the face of it bright red to add some colour. New I am removing both driveshafts and painting them black and the U-Joints are going to be red as well as the diff covers. Add some colour to the truck. I will also be getting the shockes powder coated red.

This is what the new red skid plate looks like. It adds some nice colour to the black underbody, really makes things stand out!

These are the tires my dad picked up for me well he was away. They are 33x12.5 R15 Super Swamper Thornbirds. He got me the set of four for $150.00. They are about 75% Worn but still have good side lugs and were alot cheaper. Cant wait to get them installed and take a pic of them!

Not to shabby eh!?

I am now starting to work on the passanger side. Slowely getting closer to having it all done and ready for paint. I took off the chrome stripping that was around the wheel wells. Wouldnt you know it the rear back fender was rotten. I have a piece welded in there now and have fiberglassed it and layed some bondo down. It is starting tot ake shape but I have a few more hours in just that little piece.

Now I have a question. Do any of you guys know where I can get a stock 94 Bronco Rim? What are you guys thought about fender flares?

Let me know guys and thanks alot for looking! I will take some pictures later on tonight of how it looks with the skit plate and the pasanger side rust!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yea man, Me and my dad decided befor I even bought the truck that those guys were coming off lol. But now back to the restoration.

What do you guys think of a Rought Country Lift?
I am looking at a 6" Suspension Lift with blocks in the rear and an Add a Leaf and then all the drop brackets and shit for the front with new shocks and new coil springs. You guys think that sounds like a good lift for daily driving and some minor offroading?

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
you will he happier with all springs instead of blocks in rear. the ride will suffer from the blocks. but 6" life will look good.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys, Sorry I havent posted here in a few days. I plan on taking out the fron and rear sway bar and painting them black (with rocker guard) and next to the rubbers I am going to make them red! Ill try to get them out tonight and put some pics up of how they look when they are all finished!

I have been sanding the truck down to get it ready for paint! Of course as I go I seem to find more and more I have to fix. Nothing like those little surface rust spots. Hope to have some pics up soon guys!

p.s Still waiting for my 33x12.5 R15 tires to come in. Ill put pics on the second I get them!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys, I got my sway bar off last night. The rear one atleast. Here is some pics og them befor I get them blasted and painted!

Here it is after I got the whole damn thing out. It wasnt to bad!

These small brackets and the U-bolt were the hardest things to remove! A little bit of Liquid Wrench though and I got them suckers off!

These two things retty much fell off! Wish every bolt came out like that! Ill get pics up soon of them sand blastedand painted hopefully!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok guys, Finally got back at it and got my sway bar all blasted and painted up. I didnt take any pics of the bar after I blasted it and I wish I would of. I use the sand blaster at work and it uses glass bead instead of sand. Does an amazing job!! A bag of the beed is $47.00 per bag! Anyhow guys here is how the red brackets turned out!

Of course I forgot to take a pic of the actuall bar after I painted it but here is a pic of it installed. It has to come out again of course when I put in the lift kit. But had to see what it looked like. P.s I will be painting the rear axel and such. Just havent yet. Also the rear and front diferential covers will be red! Ill get some more pics up soon guys.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Guys, Just put finished up the last sanding on my truck. Getting it painted hopefully sometime around Christmas! Took the rear bumper off for painting and fixed all the wheel wells. Hope to get pics up of it painted and with new tires on soon!

Got a questions for you guys and gals. Any of you guys know a company that makes a good bronco winch bumper. I like the pree runner style with the bar that comes up. Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey guys. Just got the phone with Pro Comp! Figured out all my part numbers and such. Goona be ordering from www.4wheelparts.com. Here is a list of the part numbers and the price of everything.

Pro Comp Part Number
K4062B $1361.99
6” Lift
Front Coil Springs
Bump Stop Extensions
Pitman Arm
Radius Arms
Extended Length Brake Lines
Rear Add A Leafs
Front/Rear ES3000 Shocks x4

50334 - U Bolt Kit $29.99
12128 - Red Shock Boots $32.00
326500 - ES3000 Shocks x2 $75.98
220565 - Duel Steering Stabilizer $107.99
23411 - 6” Leaf Springs $349.98
532 – Cams $63.99

Total Cost Of All Equipment: $2021.88 + S&H

I am not 100% sure if I will need the alignment cams. What do you guys think? Anyhow it should be about 1 or 2 months untill I can afford all this! So ill keep working on other things and keep you guys posted!

Now for ThomasStemmle this is the type of undercoat I have been useing. Works great comes out thick and in a nice line!

Stuff works great man. I get it from Westside Performance Plus in Canada but you can also get it at Napa or I imagine other automotive shops!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts