Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
SCHEKI, whats up? you get another one? i didnt know you were selling. you've been around for a long time bud, hope you still will be. you keeping the toys at least? take care, AXE

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not the one selling it on ebay, the dealership I bought my truck from has it on ebay. I thought I would post it.
I will keep the toy Bronco collection. It will grow soon. I would like o find a nice EB after my lease is up.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
360 a month for the big beast, match it or see what you can get one for. $3000 down, A-plan, rebates, $360 a month with a loaner car option, its a dam good deal to me.:beer

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I'm sorry I just don't understand the concept. I wouldn't give up one of my Bronco's for a lotus........ if I had to give it back!...
At the end of "XX" amount of time you've spent money to "borrow" a vehicle, versus owning your own shit...I mean I guess if your happy and all, it's cool...I just don't understand...:shrug

·
Registered
331 Posts
You know a lease is called a fleece for a reason. $360 for how long? Was there something wrong with your Bronco? That is one nice Bronco man. There are ways you could have bought a newer truck for less without going brand new.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Jaxboro said:
You know a lease is called a fleece for a reason. $360 for how long? Was there something wrong with your Bronco? That is one nice Bronco man. There are ways you could have bought a newer truck for less without going brand new.
Agreed, lets assume its 5 years (60 months)
So you are paying 60 x 360 = 21,600.00
Down Payment = 3,000.00
Your Bronco value = 4,000.00

So that equals = 28,600.00 TOTAL

And you are just leasing (borrowing) it for awhile, limited on how many miles you can drive it, and limited on mods. Plus when you return it they go over it with a fine tooth comb and if there are any damages beyound normal wear and tear you have to pay more. Then you turn it in, and have nothing after almost $ 30,000 :shrug I think this is what Jaxboro is saying.

Your gona miss the BRONCO :banghead

·
Registered
331 Posts
94XLT is feelin me here. I wish I could have showed you this beforehand Scheki. If nothing is wrong with your Bronco...look at this:

Your Bronco value = $4000
Down Pymnt = $3000
360X36 at 5% Interest = $14,300

Total of $21,300.00 <----Notice this is very similar to your payments after 5 years

Buy an F150 3 years from now at $15K. Take the remaining funds and continue to invest them, drive the new truck for 4-5 years and pay yourself the $360. Now you can drive vehicles that are 2-3 years old, bought with cash the rest of your life and never finance again. Anyone want to chime in with the bargaining power of $15,000 cash versus a $3,000 down payment? I didnt even include the $3000 in down payment you had in the interest calculation. The numbers I came up with are a quick example and by no means are they gospel. Just wanted to illustrate this.

This is the plan I am following, if you are willing to sacrifice upfront then you win out later on.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Jaxboro said:
94XLT is feelin me here. I wish I could have showed you this beforehand Scheki. If nothing is wrong with your Bronco...look at this:

Your Bronco value = $4000
Down Pymnt = $3000
360X36 at 5% Interest = $14,300

Total of $21,300.00 <----Notice this is very similar to your payments after 5 years

Buy an F150 3 years from now at $15K. Take the remaining funds and continue to invest them, drive the new truck for 4-5 years and pay yourself the $360. Now you can drive vehicles that are 2-3 years old, bought with cash the rest of your life and never finance again. Anyone want to chime in with the bargaining power of $15,000 cash versus a $3,000 down payment? I didnt even include the $3000 in down payment you had in the interest calculation. The numbers I came up with are a quick example and by no means are they gospel. Just wanted to illustrate this.

This is the plan I am following, if you are willing to sacrifice upfront then you win out later on.
Somebody here is a Dave Ramsey fan :shrug

·
Registered
331 Posts
Blaze - My plan. I agree its crazy, but if you dont know better its hard to fight the drawing power of that nice brand new car and you rationalize the payment. If I remember right, Scheki posted pics of his new sled and its verrrry nice.

Msuforeman - I did get the idea from Dave Ramsey, credit where credit is due. I dont agree with everything he says but he has great ideas about personal finance. I am interested in money so I read ALOT on how to handle it and how to make it grow. I'm broke now but I wont always be :beer

I've got all kinds of money knowledge, and I'm starting to finally apply it.

FSB Accountant signing off :thumbup

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got $4500 for the Bronco, owned 2k on it from the credit union.
Put $2500 downplus the $1000 from my dad your $3500.
Ford matched $1000. A-plan rebates etc.
The Bronco had 117k on it, I already replaced the trans, cost me $1000. Installed new exhaust, new front and rear brakes. I put it up for sale but not even 1 response/call asking for info etc about.
It mostlikely needed a new battery/alterator, the interior squicking/rattling was driving me crazy.
The front end was not aligned right. Original owner goofed somewhere.
I have 2 kids in carseats that sit in the back.
My wife started working in downtown Detroit (office moved), a 45 min ride +/-. I will be picking up the kids from daycare everyday.
The Super Duty trucks grew on me. I wanted one. Almost bought a used 2001, % rate was too high for me.
I got a better deal on a F-250 than a 150 or Expedition/explorer.
I went to the dealership and was offered $4500. I was happy with it.
I owned the Bronco for 3 1/2 years, only put 27k on it. So mileage is not an issue. I live close to work.
I loved the Bronco, I figured I would sell and get a 78/79. I never sold it on my own.
The only thing I could do was trade it in. I found what I wanted.
I now have something that is worry free for 2 years. I can get my windows tinted, push button start, exhaust, almost anything.
If you think i messed up, to bad.:boxing
I posted in my message of my truck for-sale earlier that I was going to get a f-250 or an Exc.:goodfinge :goodfinge
Oh ya, its my money right, so don'y worry, i make the payments here.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts