·
Registered
1996 Bronco XL 5.0L 5-Spd Manual
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things I've completed so far:

Bilstein 4600 shocks all around.

Moog CC820 springs up front.

New camber bushings & alignment (not pictured).

New radiator & hoses (not pictured).

Curt 13310 trailer hitch

New Ford 5L5Z-7213-AA shifter knob (not pictured).

Rust has kicked my ass every step, but been a great experience. Didn't realize how much the front was sagging with the old, useless suspension. Rides much better now and has the leveled height I was looking for. Cheers.

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8L
87 Posts
Things I've completed so far:

Bilstein 4600 shocks all around.

Moog CC820 springs up front.

New camber bushings & alignment (not pictured).

New radiator & hoses (not pictured).

Curt 13310 trailer hitch

New Ford 5L5Z-7213-AA shifter knob (not pictured).

Rust has kicked my ass every step, but been a great experience. Didn't realize how much the front was sagging with the old, useless suspension. Rides much better now and has the leveled height I was looking for. Cheers.
Did you find replacing of suspension components to be a DIY job? I realize that to a full time mechanic, working on his Bronco at home in the evenings, sure, it's a DIY job. I'm just wondering what is needed in terms of specialized tools.

·
Super Moderator
29,855 Posts
Yo CM1996XL
Consider writing up the upgrades in 78 - 96 Build Forum....Builds only section.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yo CM1996XL
Consider writing up the upgrades in 78 - 96 Build Forum....Builds only section.
apologies. I wasn't exactly sure where to post it. How do I or am I able to delete this post?

Thank you.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,862 Posts
Heheh finally another BEEF license plate! I gave my last plate to a guy in Moab, from Alabama, who collects license plates.

Tire Vehicle Wheel Grille Automotive tire

Reactions: CM1996XL

·
Super Moderator
29,855 Posts
apologies. I wasn't exactly sure where to post it. How do I or am I able to delete this post?

Thank you.
Yo I'll move this thead to the Build section, no charge:cool:

Reactions: dash_cam

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you find replacing of suspension components to be a DIY job? I realize that to a full time mechanic, working on his Bronco at home in the evenings, sure, it's a DIY job. I'm just wondering what is needed in terms of specialized tools.
I’m no mechanic. It was tough, but not impossible. I enjoy these type of projects not involving the engine or body work. Capability of DIY definitely varies from person to person, so I guess it just depends on your skill level and amount of persistence. Can start with a good jack, couple HD Jack stands (had to build some wooden platforms under mine to get them high enough), a full set of metric wrenches and some PB Blaster. Impact wrench isn’t necessary, but makes life way easier. Rust is a big factor from truck to truck, so in my fairly rusty bronco’s case, it made removal of every nut and bolt that much more difficult. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,239 Posts
i don't want to hijack a thread so i'd encourage you to start a thread with the details of what you want/need to do. the forum can give you specific pointers for whatever you're doing.

however, for anyone who may find this in the future, i'd also say that suspension work is some of the easiest things to do on these broncos. you may need some specialty tools but for pretty much everything it is remove/replace.

·
Super Moderator
29,855 Posts

Thank you.
Yo,
No problem!
You can add narratives and more pics for each issue here.
Al

1 - 11 of 11 Posts