Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive recently bought a 1990 bronco eddie bauer edition w/351w the works, well i took her out a few times and shes done, no oil pressure shot rockers and lifters, hole in the exhaust, bad rear and front main, leaking power steering fluid, and im still on stock suspension. i have no idea where to start and where to get the parts to start replacing things, ive checked a few bronco sites, i.e. toms bronco graveyard, if anyone has any suggestions or a help hint to push me in the right direction id appreciate it, id love to blow my buddys jeep out of the mud by next spring. later

·
Registered
274 Posts
so ive recently bought a 1990 bronco eddie bauer edition w/351w the works, well i took her out a few times and shes done, no oil pressure shot rockers and lifters, hole in the exhaust, bad rear and front main, leaking power steering fluid, and im still on stock suspension. i have no idea where to start and where to get the parts to start replacing things, ive checked a few bronco sites, i.e. toms bronco graveyard, if anyone has any suggestions or a help hint to push me in the right direction id appreciate it, id love to blow my buddys jeep out of the mud by next spring. later
I'm a newb around these parts but I know enough to tell you what the experts will say: It depends on your budget! You want to do it yourself and rebuild her or do you want to buy a crate engine/reman engine?

If the latter, www.jasperengines.com come highly recommended but are pricey.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive mastered the chevy truck, the foreign car, but when it comes to american power im lost, i live in an unfriendly mechanic climate. im a do it yourselfer, so i guess im looking for just a push in the right direction on where to start

its not my primary vehicle so im covered on that, and money is a question but not the much all my free cash go's towards her about 300 to 350 a week

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
overhaul includes:
new front and rear axels
8'' lift
rebuild or buy 351w
new trans/ transfercase
power steering
brakes
minor to major body mods i.e. lift and dent and rust removal

the question is where to start

·
Registered
605 Posts
ive mastered the chevy truck, the foreign car, but when it comes to american power im lost,
You do know that Chevy is American right?

Regardless, if you have "mastered" the Chevy truck and foreign car, the Bronco should pose no problem.
Since you can work on Ferraris, Lambos and Rolls Royces, etc., you'll have no problem working on your Ford.
You are a mechanical/electrical wizard my friend, don't sweat it.
If I had that kind of knowledge I would be fielding questions at a professional level for a living instead of asking them.

Also, no need to start multiple threads for basically the same subject. Stick around though, you'll master that in due time:toothless

·
Registered
3 Posts
overhaul includes:
new front and rear axels
8'' lift
rebuild or buy 351w
new trans/ transfercase
power steering
brakes
minor to major body mods i.e. lift and dent and rust removal

the question is where to start
Well I am pretty new here, but I have been reading a lot over the past couple of months and will continue reading until I start my project in about a year. Searching and reading will be the biggest help to you, but looking at your list of mods I am not sure it matters where you start. Engine, trans/transfer are most important and make sense to try and do at the same time as do your axles, lift, brakes and steering. Leaving your body work. Obviously this again is determined by your budget and whether you not you can afford to do multiple upgrades at once. To me though it doesn't make a lot of sense to put a lift or brakes or steering on axles that will get replaced and the same goes the other way around putting axles in without going ahead and doing the breaks steering and lift while you have everything out you just have to decide where you want to start. Just my $.02. In terms of a new vs. rebuilt engine I think again it is more your preference and again the $$$$$$$.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Just buy my truck and call it good.
:stupid

For what Doba wants for his... it'll definitely cost way less, and you end up with an excellent SAS'd bronco.

·
Behold my
1,276 Posts
I'm still trying to sell mine Doba so I can buy yours. Sorry you haven't gotten a buyer yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts