Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this part of the board is for tools, so here goes....
I have a centry 110v welder that i got for almost new for 50 bucks. I know the brand is iffy, but it came with a lil tank (full) a proportioning thing and a full spool of wire. anyways, i have been practicing how to weld on small scrap crap in the garage(since i am teaching myself.) it has worked fine for about 6 months of pretty light use. all of a sudden, while i was welding some scrap the other day, i turned it off briefly and it wouldnt turn back on. The outlet in the wall is fine, i checked that. I also took the case off the welder to try to spot any visible breaks in the wire. i let it cool down(wasnt very hot, but i thought it might need some time.) It just isnt getting any power. Any ideas? i guess i could take it to a welder repair shop, but that may cost more than i paid for the thing.....any help would be appreciated.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
At the risk of stating the obvious.........is there a circuit breaker on the back of the machine in case you exceed the duty cycle?

Otherwise, start checking for continuity at the cord (don't shock yourself) and make sure the off/on switch is working. Those are the basics of course.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
See if you can find a wiring diagram online or just call and ask a local welding shop or even community college welding instructor. It's probably a thermal overload that needs to be reset or is supposed to reset automatically when it cools down but failed open and needs replaced.(assumption)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts